best brew

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Re: best brew

Postby rotten » Monday Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

I like Nelson Sauvin. Had a run of a few brews 3-4 months ago trying it out which I'm drinking now and are enjoying it. Was used in Kit & Bits using Pale Ale and Blonde tins, Blonde had saaz as well from memory.
Need to give it a go in AG
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby speedie » Monday Oct 25, 2010 10:25 pm

can see where it may be confusing you i use scheme water neat (which is stored over night in an open vessel) then at dough in time add the heated water wait check Ph then adjust the mash to 5.5 with acid
hope that that is a little clearer
speedie

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Oct 26, 2010 10:26 am

speedie wrote:can see where it may be confusing you i use scheme water neat (which is stored over night in an open vessel) then at dough in time add the heated water wait check Ph then adjust the mash to 5.5 with acid

Yes, that makes a lot more sense.
drsmurto

Postby speedie » Wednesday Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm

who is up to brewing our formula
for sciences sake
speedie

Postby warra48 » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 6:16 am

Not me, not a fan of Nelson Sauvin, reminds me too much of Amarillo Gold.

I'll leave it to others. I have too many other brews on the list taking priority.
One on the short list is DrSmurto's JSGA, but with Cascade replacing the Amarillo.
warra48

Postby hirns » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 7:04 pm

warra48 wrote:Not me, not a fan of Nelson Sauvin, reminds me too much of Amarillo Gold.

I'll leave it to others. I have too many other brews on the list taking priority.
One on the short list is DrSmurto's JSGA, but with Cascade replacing the Amarillo.

Warra,

I like your thinking.............. 8)

Cheers

Hirns
hirns

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm

speedie wrote:can see where it may be confusing you i use scheme water neat (which is stored over night in an open vessel) then at dough in time add the heated water wait check Ph then adjust the mash to 5.5 with acid

I remember that about a week after you first joined, I explained to you that municipal water supplies are generally treated with chloramine, not chlorine, because the former is much less volatile and does not dissipate with airing or even boiling. Another example of you taking no attempt to learn on this forum and only being here to gloat and boast?

speedie wrote:After some discussion with other pro brewers...

Seriously? You think of yourself like that?
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:02 pm

bullfrog wrote:speedie wrote:
After some discussion with other pro brewers...
Seriously? You think of yourself like that?

Do you think of yourself like that Bullfrog?
Read his recent posts properly and you will notice the change you have been looking for. Maybe you don;t want to though.
rotten

Postby Bum » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:04 pm

rotten wrote:Read his recent posts properly and you will notice the change you have been looking for. Maybe you don;t want to though.

Perhaps you misunderstand the change he is looking for.
Bum

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm sure I do.
but everyone deserves a go.
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm

EDIT: Post redacted as I like Rotten and the post could be viewed as both argumentative and aggressive.

I have read all recent posts, not just the fast one's. Whilst I have not been posting much of late, I have still been reading (pulling very long days -- trial by fire in my new job -- all leading to only as much time as reading can consume in a day, not posting.) I'm all for giving people a go but no new developments have been leaping off the screen at me in the areas that are important.
Last edited by bullfrog on Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Fiesty.
Do you have a soul bullfrog?

Didn't retract it quick enough.
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:43 pm

rotten wrote:Fiesty.
Do you have a soul bullfrog?

Rotten, I had edited by the time you posted. My animosity was not towards you.
Last edited by bullfrog on Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm sure it wasn't, all good.
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Just for the record, I don't believe in "souls" as they're yet to be proven by any kind of science that go beyond Dan Brown novels. My post only questioned you. Whilst it may have been argumentative, the only reason that I redacted it was that I have no particular problem with you, Rotten. You seem to view the contentious one in a different vein than I, and that makes me "soulless" in your eyes? Suddenly we're drawing lines in the sand?

...And I'm the heretic.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Still Fiesty. If you recall every post do you recall a post about my wife recently. Don't go there mate.
For the record I'm not a 'soul' man either. However, that doesn't give me the right to be a *rick while i'm here.
Speedie is different, I have shared my distain on many occasions, he does seem however to be toning down while still being himself.
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Didn't say I recall every post, just said I'd read all the recent ones. And yes, I do know that you're going through some stuff, of late, that should not be taken light of. Every man does have their own story to tell though, Rotten. Don't think that you're the only person here who has some shit on their shoulders that needs an outlet. I'm sure there are many more regular posters than just you and I, if we speak from an existentialist point-of-view, that are doing even worse.

I've seen his "differences" before. It invariably comes back to "400L -- I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee" type stuff.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Don't worry about that "stuff". I apologised to all, was the kind of drunk I don't care to remember, or could remember even if I wanted too.
This is a distraction/hobby for me, not an outlet. Therefore common courtesy (at least for me) still should apply.
You voice your opinion by all means, you are entitled too.

Can I finish by stating that I do know I'm not perfect, far from it. Also saying sorry for something does not change the fact that it happened.

Everyone has their story, I should have left mine off the net as there are others more much much more worthy.
Cheers
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Oct 28, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm sure I'll be singing the same tune when I have to get up at 4am to get to work in time, mate. Had a couple of beers tonight because of some "stuff" and that's why I was argumentative to begin with (the "stuff" not the beer, I'm only working on my fourth, right now.)

Brewing is very much a hobby for me (most would say 'obsession,' my wife included) and I do think that common courtesy should apply - but on the internet, internet ettiquette should apply, too. I only know one person on this site, currently, who fails in both regards.
bullfrog

Postby speedie » Friday Oct 29, 2010 12:07 am

Take this lightly but do you believe in “R” souls?
Tell you what brew the “formula” dusty nelson and post your comments
Would love too hear what you think
Speedie (fast one, enigma, troll)
See I can take the Mickey on myself
:wink:
speedie

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes