K & K Summer recipes ?

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

K & K Summer recipes ?

Postby slayer71 » Friday Dec 30, 2011 10:15 am

Hi guys please recommend me some K & K summer recipes, maybe Ales & anything else.

Cheers.
slayer71

Re: K & K Summer recipes ?

Postby Oliver » Friday Dec 30, 2011 10:54 am

Here are some thoughts, not a recipe as such ... I'm sure others will shoot them down :-)

Start with a fairly lightly hopped kit such as Coopers Pale Ale, which is 25.1 IBU. Add half a kilo of wheat malt extract and, say, 250g of malt extract and 250g or 500g of dextrose (dex is optional and you may want to omit it to keep the alcohol content down). Making it with a kit + 1 kilo of malt will probably result in too much body and it not being too refreshing.

Add 20g Cascade or Galaxy to the hot wort and steep for 15 mins. Dry hop with another 20g or Cascade or Galaxy as fermentation is subsiding. Galaxy is what is used in Mountain Goat Steam Ale.

Well, I guess that is sort of a recipe.

Any comments??

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby hyjak » Friday Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Ultra simple one that comes to mind, Coopers Sparkling Ale can, 500g dex, 1kg light malt. Mini boil on the stove with the can and half malt, 25g Saaz or Amarillo on 'flame out' pitch it into fermenter add the remaining malt and dex.
Dry hop with another 25g of either Hops a week later.

Will check my brew back when home but fairly certain thats the recipe
hyjak

Postby emnpaul » Friday Dec 30, 2011 5:13 pm

There is a Recipe on the Coopers website for their Mild Ale. It's a winner for the hot days of summer. Mid strength and light body, goes down faster then a two dollar h@@ker!

http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-g ... s-mild-ale
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby slayer71 » Tuesday Jan 03, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks guys I may give your one a go Oliver, anymore to share ???
I really like the James Squires pale ale anyone got a recipe close to that one ???
slayer71

Postby slayer71 » Monday Feb 13, 2012 6:37 am

Finally getting myself to the LHBS t'mow going to pick up, 1kg LDM / 500g Dextrose / 25g Cascade(teabags) / Safale Yeast to go with my Coopers Aust Pale Ale tin.
How does this lot sound, too much Dextrose 500g or should I drop it to 250g, what sort off difference will it make ?

With the hops was going to do a boil with some malt & probably 12g for about 20mins, then with the rest just dry hop it when I add the yeast how does that sound ?

Cheers.
slayer71

Return to Recipes