Twocan coopers stout & dark ale

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Re: Twocan coopers stout & dark ale

Postby Anna » Thursday Aug 12, 2010 2:37 pm

melykabeer wrote:Guys! and the odd Gal in here lol

This is probably the best home brew i have done (1x dark ale, 1x stout + 500g LDME). Beautiful roastyness flavor, best stout ive drunk so far, I have recently polished off some bottles that are at least 6 months old, the older it gets the smoother and yummier it gets. I have 1 tally left thats nearly 1 year old, ill keep this as long as I can before i can stand to drink it. I fill to 23l its drinkable in the first few weeks in the bottle but 6 months+ really does it.

I am putting another one down this weekend with 1x dark ale & 1x stout, 500gm oat malt from craft brewer and both packets of coopers yeast.

Hey, who you calling "odd"? :wink: Now that I've taken the bait I might as well add my 2C.

I recently did a Dark Ale/Pale Ale toucan, which although it came out at 71 IBU and is more bitter than...er... a really, really, bitter thing, it is beautifully balanced and sooooo moorish. Only 2 months old at the moment and if it gets any better - WOW! :D Good value too - 1 schooner takes me 3 times longer to drink than my usual Ale.

Well, OK, I guess it's not a Stout, but probably as close as I'll ever get to drinking one.

:mrgreen:
Anna

Postby melykabeer » Sunday Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

I am drinking one I bottled on the 26/10/09 still a pretty good beer. thick creamy head still carbonated fine stored in a glass tallie that is a melbourne bitter twist top bottle. To my palat the bitterness seems to have fully smoothed out it still tastes a bit roasty. I create another one of these 4 weeks ago so its only 1 week in the bottle after 3 weeks in the fermenter. Its nice fresh and aged. Its the last bottle of the 09 batch so I can safely say its good after 2 years still.

My latest batch I have specifically put into glass bottles. I find plastic go flat after about a year. I will put probably 5 aside to taste after 1-2-3-4-5 years if they survive.
melykabeer

Postby barrelboy » Wednesday Nov 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks for reminding me. I bottled a brew of this on 22/7/11. Used 1kg of dextrose and 250gms of flaked barley (simmer 30 min) instead of the malt. Did a taste after 11 weeks & delicious, must try one again.
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Previous

Return to Recipes