BrewMate, Free Beer Recipe Designer

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Re: BrewMate, Free Beer Recipe Designer

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Oct 16, 2010 7:19 pm

I love the software too. It really is great. Only about a month ago did I actually figure out all it could do and I had thought it wonderful before I went fiddling with options that I'd never touched before.

Rotten, are you talking about the BU:GU when you mention balance? If so, then each different style of beer fits a different balance range. Just know that a 0.5 should be something very balanced. IPA's are over 1.0 and APA's can be up to 1.0. On the flip side, malty beer styles can drop wel below the 0.5 mark. Just depends on what you're going for. I've seen the formula for figuring balance somewhere but can't find it just now. It has to do with OG versus IBU, from memory.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Saturday Oct 16, 2010 10:11 pm

yeah probabaly right there bullfrog. Although as stated earlier numberes don't matter, I still would like to know what exactly they mean. If you have the technology I would love to know more of the basics. It is easy free program though isn't it?
Cheers
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby randyrob » Monday Oct 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey Guys,

There is a really good article here that sums up BU:GU and Balance Value here ==> http://beercolor.netfirms.com/balance.html

Rotten > Yes I agree that some more work needs to be done on the BrewDay Mode and we plan on beefing this section up.

Cheers Rob.
randyrob

Previous

Return to Recipes