HB&B trifecta

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

HB&B trifecta

Postby Planner » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi all

I've just recently completed the trifecta of most complimented kit recipes on the site.

1. DrSmurto GA, 4 times already with another planned soon.
2. Boonies LCPA, 6 weeks old and drinking fantastic.
3. Wassa's Honey Porter, bottled on weekend and not yet tasted (well maybe a sip or 2 from the fermenter).

Thanks must go to the brewers who have spent time to perfect these recipes and then posting on the site for use by all. I'm sure all recipes will be continue to be used by me (assuming Wassa's turns out as well as it promises early), and I encourage all k&b brewers to give them a try. Any suggestions from the forum on other highly rated recipes?

aside: according to the brewlog, this weekend marks 12 months of the bottling of batch 1. Where has 500l of HB and an unknown quantity of commercial beer gone to? :oops: It must have been a very social 12 months.

Planner
Nothing interesting to see here, move along.
Planner

Re: HB&B trifecta

Postby Zuma » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Putting the porter on as we speak, look forward to sampling in a few weeks.

p.s adding 250g of caramalt.
Don't re-invent the wheel, change the tyre..
Zuma

Postby Planner » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Zuma wrote: look forward to sampling in a few weeks.

Me too

Wassa suggests 3 months, like that's gunna happen.
I keep 2 longnecks from each brew for 3 & 6 month tasting. Most times the 6 month bottle is the last drank of the batch, sometimes, depending on taste the 3 month is the last (although it's getting better as stock increases). At least now I can manage to hold off for about 4 weeks before starting on a batch.

Planner
Nothing interesting to see here, move along.
Planner

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Planner wrote:
Zuma wrote: look forward to sampling in a few weeks.

Me too

Wassa suggests 3 months, like that's gunna happen.
I keep 2 longnecks from each brew for 3 & 6 month tasting. Most times the 6 month bottle is the last drank of the batch, sometimes, depending on taste the 3 month is the last (although it's getting better as stock increases). At least now I can manage to hold off for about 4 weeks before starting on a batch.

Planner

Brew more, and increase your stock!

Every 3rd brew or so I do a really easy and early drinker like a Hefeweizen or a Mild. Can drink those from 1 to 2 weeks post bottling. That allows my other stocks of APA, IPA, ESB, Pils etc to mature, before drinking those.
Once you know your average consumption, it is easy to plan your brewing. In my case, 23 litres every 3½ weeks or so keeps my stocks at an appropriate level, allowing also for giveaways and visitors consumption.
warra48

Postby Longwood-65 » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 6:22 pm

warra48 wrote:Every 3rd brew or so I do a really easy and early drinker like a Hefeweizen or a Mild. Can drink those from 1 to 2 weeks post bottling. That allows my other stocks of APA, IPA, ESB, Pils etc to mature, before drinking those.
Once you know your average consumption, it is easy to plan your brewing. In my case, 23 litres every 3½ weeks or so keeps my stocks at an appropriate level, allowing also for giveaways and visitors consumption.

23 litres in 3.5 weeks, Obviously your missus doesn't drink :wink:

Cheers
Ron
Longwood-65

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Apr 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Longwood-65 wrote:
warra48 wrote:Every 3rd brew or so I do a really easy and early drinker like a Hefeweizen or a Mild. Can drink those from 1 to 2 weeks post bottling. That allows my other stocks of APA, IPA, ESB, Pils etc to mature, before drinking those.

Cheers
Ron

Nope, she's virtually a teetotaller. Half a glass of wine max each bottle from the cellar is about her limit. Doesn't ever drink any other alcohol. She wouldn't care if she doesn't ever drink alcohol again. Daughter also doesn't drink alcohol at all.
My consumption is about 2 to 3 stubbies a day only.
warra48

Postby Tipsy » Wednesday Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Planner wrote:Where has 500l of HB and an unknown quantity of commercial beer gone to? :oops:

It's best not to think about it.
Tipsy

Postby hirns » Wednesday Apr 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Let's all to Port Macquarie!!! :D :D :D
hirns

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Apr 15, 2010 10:03 am

Longwood-65 wrote:

Cheers
Ron

Sounds similar to my consumption although i do concentrate my drinking into Fri/Sat/Sun and try not to go out to the bar on school nights. :lol:
drsmurto

Postby slayer71 » Friday Apr 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Every nights a a Friday or Saturday night :mrgreen:
slayer71

Return to Recipes