Help with Lemonade Recipe

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Help with Lemonade Recipe

Postby webby346 » Tuesday Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi,

I am after a really nice recipe for brewing a alcoholic Lemonade around the 6% - 7%.
If anyone has a nice recipe that is willing to share and the step by step instructions, that would be really helpful.

Thank you,
Adam. :)
webby346

Re: Help with Lemonade Recipe

Postby Bum » Tuesday Apr 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I can't recommend one but if you have a look through this forum you might find what you're looking for. viewforum.php?f=12
Bum

Postby bullfrog » Wednesday Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm

I made a pretty decent lemonade from 2kg dex and juice and zest from 3kg lemons (made up to 20L). When zesting, be sure to avoid the pith (white bit under the yellow skin) as that stuff will make your beverage as bitter as a recent divorcee. If you were wanting to go to 6-7%, I'd consider throwing in another kilo of dex or, perhaps, a kilo of honey. Honey ferments mostly out and you'd only end up with a slight honey flavour in the end product, but I think it would definitely compliment the lemon.

Oh, almost forgot; be sure to pitch yeast nutrient, too. Not a lot for the yeasties to feed on in a brew like that, so you want to make sure they stay healthy. You may want to consider a champagne yeast but I brewed mine with US05 and it turned out lovely.
bullfrog

Postby webby346 » Wednesday Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Ok thanks,

So all i need to add is 2kg dextrose and the lemon juice from 3kg of lemons and honey or another bag of dextrose if i want to make it stronger? Then fill uo to 20L mark with water and of course yeast?

Thanks again.
webby346

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Apr 22, 2010 10:57 am

Make sure you remember the yeast nutrient, too. You don't want to forget that.
bullfrog

Return to Recipes