TUI East India Pale Ale

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

TUI East India Pale Ale

Postby SuperBroo » Wednesday May 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi All,
Would anyone have an AG or partial recipe to make a ber similar to TUI East India Pale Ale ?

Have a mate who loves the stuff, and would like to do a brew for him as a surprise...

Cheers,
Chris.
SuperBroo

Re: TUI East India Pale Ale

Postby Bum » Monday May 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Never had it nor brewed one but I understand it is yet another mega beer that claims to be an ale but is a lager. Specifically an amber lager. Not much help, I know, but I hope it might point you in the right direction.
Bum

Postby SuperBroo » Tuesday May 18, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks Bum,
That actually is a big help mate, I'll search some recipes...
SuperBroo

Postby Keleidoscope » Sunday May 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Don't go for an actual IPA recipe because although it is called that, it doesn't resemble one at all. It's been a while since I had one (because it is the only beer I have ever had that affects my stomach badly, makes it churn because it's so nasty...) but I would probably try... a basic ale kit, golden malt and some bitter hops, cause it has a sort of rich sweet malt taste but still sort of a nasty bitterness.

It actually tastes ok for a cheap NZ beer, but yeah, nasty.. I was talking with the guys at another NZ brewery about what could cause a beer to react with people like that, and they reckoned it's still fermenting in your gut.
Keleidoscope

Postby SuperBroo » Monday May 31, 2010 1:16 pm

Cheers for that,
yes I agree, its not the best, and it does repeat on you a bit, but its for a mate, and he loves it for some reason.

I reckon its a bit like DrSmiurtos JSGA clone when its only a few days old, real fruity / hoppy.
Im drinking one of those now thats at 3 weeks, and it will be all gone by end of next weekend, real nice.
The next JSGA I'm going to age for a few months and I reckon it will be top shelf.

Thansk for that info, and yes I agreee, its not my favourite either, and once he tastes the JSGA, he will be a changed man I think.

:)

Cheers,
Chris
SuperBroo

Return to Recipes