Berri Apple Juice Cider

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Re: Berri Apple Juice Cider

Postby RUM57L » Monday Sep 06, 2010 7:22 am

Trizza!

Thats a disaster!! good to hear your back on track now though!

I mentioed to my missus that i'd like to do the cider and that i'll need to add 30 bucks to the shopping bill next week to buy 10 bottles of juice etc...just got the blank stare and then the shake of her head followed by a cheeky smile.. so in my books thats a yes!
RUM57L

Postby kepal » Thursday Dec 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Bum wrote:I think most of the longlife apple juices these days are suitable for brewing. Just have a look at the ingredients and don't buy it if it says "preservative" in the ingredients.

I do know that Aldi juice is considered to be as good as Berri and the normal price would be much cheaper.

Hi, hope you dont mind, but I am going to be asking an awful lot of questions now and in the future :? :?
I looked at all the juice in my local supermarkets and could only find stuff with added vitamin c, is that ok to use?
kepal

Postby elec » Thursday Dec 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Working my way through a keg of Berri juice cider atm, better than expected,it is. Just added some boiled yeast nutrient and Wyeast and sat it at 18 degc for 14 days followed by a 2 day cc. Current one fermenting has a bottle of Nudie juice and some pear juice thrown in for some variation. Even in this ripoff town, 30 bucks a batch would pull it up if you reuse the yeast.

Regards
I'm not young enough to know everything..........
elec

Postby rotten » Thursday Dec 30, 2010 5:28 pm

kepal wrote:Hi, hope you dont mind, but I am going to be asking an awful lot of questions now and in the future
I looked at all the juice in my local supermarkets and could only find stuff with added vitamin c, is that ok to use?

Berri apple juice, preservative free. Should be able to find it just about anywhere.
Can't comment on extra vitamin c, might help cure hangover quicker :lol:

seriously though, it probably can't hurt. Think about adding some sugar-lactose of some description to sweeten it a bit, not artificial sweeteners though.
My 2 c
Cheers
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Previous

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .