What temp to ferment ginger beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

What temp to ferment ginger beer

Postby Merlin » Saturday Jun 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Hey guys,

I'm quite keen on making some ginger beer using the recipe on an old thread: http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=332, but I've never made one before and don't know what the best temp to ferment it at would be. I've search the other threads on ginger beer discussed here previously but haven't found the answer. Anyone care to clue me in?

Cheers

Merlin
Merlin

Postby Bomma » Sunday Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm

I have done them at ale temp generally. Same with the Apple Ciders. 18-26ish deg seems to work. I'm not sure what actual yeast comes with some of these kits - it normally says "brewers yeast" which is useless for the keener brewer's thirst for detailed info. Someone here i'm sure has the skinny on the ginger beer and cider yeat types? My Wyeast poster doesnt mention them...
Bomma

Postby mafman » Sunday Jun 26, 2005 11:28 pm

On a very similar topic...
I have a spare lager yeast lying about not doing very much - can you use this with a Ginger beer kit? I don't have a heater and it's quite cold in Victoria at the moment....will it work...will it have an affect on the taste?
Beer...beer...smurfing beer....you don't get drunk and it isn't dear!!!
mafman

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .