cider looks like beer smells like beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

cider looks like beer smells like beer

Postby buster » Wednesday Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

first try at doing cider for the missus but complain it looks like beer and smell like beer.i used a brigalow cider kit( yes i know first mistake).i added 4l of apple /pear juice bottle from shops,added 1kg sugar.fermented at 24 degrees. still in barrell.is there any way iof making it more cider like.i don`t drink it.HELP WANTED
buster

Re: cider looks like beer smells like beer

Postby Sonny » Wednesday Apr 20, 2011 8:35 pm

This is how I made my same kit. I did use only half that amount of juice. My wife likes it, and its the most sugar I've ever used. To me, its lethal. Makes me silly. But I think it smells like champagne.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby buster » Wednesday Apr 20, 2011 9:22 pm

so its been in the barrel for ten days now i guess i bottle it.suck and see hay
buster

Postby Sonny » Thursday Apr 21, 2011 8:31 am

I missed the 'still in the barrel' part Buster.

The wife will like it, I'm sure. It smells nothing like beer when it flows from the bottle. It's a great summer drop.
You'll be right mate, the longer you leave it the better it gets!

That much sugar but, oh boy you'll be dribbling after two. I had had 6 glasses once, couldn't find my way from the garage to the house, and they're connected.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby hirns » Tuesday Apr 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Some kits also make it more appley by adding a 50ml bottle of Top Shelf Apple Schnapps to the fermenter and stir through immediately before bottling.

Hirns
hirns

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .