Morgans Ginger Beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Morgans Ginger Beer

Postby thisispants » Sunday Nov 19, 2006 7:45 am

Just made this a month ago...and I dont know if I've done something wrong, but it tastes like rubbish!

It's seriously not good drinking.

Has anyone else brewed it up? There's just this over riding taste that....i cant really describe, it's shite. Tell me I'm not alone!
thisispants

Re: Morgans Ginger Beer

Postby atropine » Sunday Nov 19, 2006 11:20 am

if it smells fine and you can also detect the ginger flavour then it's probably the chemically flavour you're talking about. This is the artificial sweetener which for some reason has it's bad flavours magnified and multiplied 10x with fresh brews.

I discovered the same with the coopers ginger beer (which is the same as morgans) , after 3 weeks the taste was horrible and I vow'd never to let anyone drink it. But amazingly about 10 days later I can't really taste the chemically bitter flavour anymore.

I can't be sure weather I just got used to it and therefore can't taste it anymore or weather the bottle conditioning has miraculously removed that shit taste.
atropine

Postby Chris » Monday Nov 20, 2006 11:39 am

Morgan's ginger IS crap IMO. The best gingers I've had were the Grumpy's ginger ale, and the Country Brewer's ginger with the ginger booster.

Aside from that, make it from scratch. That beats them all!
Chris

Postby thisispants » Monday Nov 20, 2006 1:20 pm

Anyone know where there's a good recipe of how to make it from scratch? Is it easy?
thisispants

Postby Chris » Wednesday Nov 22, 2006 10:37 am

It's pretty easy to do.

You should be able to find MANY recipes if you google "ginger beer, alcoholic, recipes."
Chris

Postby Cortez The Killer » Wednesday Nov 22, 2006 10:55 am

He came dancing across the water.
Cortez, Cortez. What a killer!
Cortez The Killer

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .