Ginger Beer Recipe

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Ginger Beer Recipe

Postby Lebowski » Thursday Feb 10, 2005 8:12 am

Any reccomendation on a ginger beer kit or instructions to making a non or low alchohol ginger beer that tastes something like store bought stuff?

(I've heard putting 1kg of ginger through a juicer gives a good taste)
Lebowski

Postby Clintsc9 » Thursday Feb 10, 2005 9:05 am

Brigalow do a Ginger Beer kit available at Coles supermarkets. You can make it non-alcohol or full alcohol as you wish.
I followed the recipe on the can but added a 220g pkt of processed ginger chips directly to the fermenter for a bit of extra flavour.

Those who have tried it are impressed.
Clint
Clintsc9

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Feb 10, 2005 9:22 am

Guys,

Not that I know much about ginger beer but there is a bottle of pop over here which has quite a good taste to it so I am assuming it is really close to what you want in the non alcoholic kind.

Tell me, is it really malt that is being used or is it something else. I really like the snap ginger puts in a beer and I would be willing to take one out for a test drive but I just have no feel for the volume of ginger to put in and do you need to hop it?

Oliver is also questing for a recipie so if I could get a feel for what it is, (three times a charm) through a Standard of Identity (really I have heard of this before, it is just the first time I have had the oppertunity to use it three times in one day) maybe I could try and copy it

Thanks

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Oliver » Thursday Feb 10, 2005 9:56 am

Lebowski,

See this thread for what NOT to do :) and for some tips on formulating a recipe.

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Lebowski » Thursday Feb 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Thanks will take a look
Lebowski

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .