Ginger Beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Ginger Beer

Postby homemade » Saturday Dec 30, 2006 8:18 am

Have just bottled my first Ginger beer , upon returning to store to puchase more brewing supplies , I was informed that the contents of the brew kit I used , was recalled , due to not having enough Ginger in kit .
I used . Is there anything I can do to . Everything else seems to be ok
except it hasn't a very Gingerbeer taste .
Open to any suggestions .

Thanks Tom
homemade

Postby yardglass » Saturday Dec 30, 2006 8:30 am

It doesn't help you much now but for future ref you could've put a 'cube' of crystalised ginger (pick n mix at woolies) in each bottle.

When it's ready to drink you could always mix it with a bit of Buderim Ginger Cordial i guess.

yard
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby jase » Saturday Dec 30, 2006 11:36 pm

I like that ginger syrup, I put down a batch of brigalow with 1kg raw sugar & a bottle of bundy cordial and it came out near on as good as yardies rippin recipe with all the grated ginger and fresh goodies in it, with no mucking around or extra cleaning. gotta love that.
jase

Re: Ginger Beer

Postby Tickstar » Monday Jan 01, 2007 7:25 pm

homemade wrote:Have just bottled my first Ginger beer , upon returning to store to puchase more brewing supplies , I was informed that the contents of the brew kit I used , was recalled , due to not having enough Ginger in kit .
I used . Is there anything I can do to . Everything else seems to be ok
except it hasn't a very Gingerbeer taste .
Open to any suggestions .

Thanks Tom

Could you tell us which brand the kit was? I have a Ginger beer I bottled about 6 weeks ago and just cracked a bottle today. Is watery, and very little ginger taste and no sweetness (the kit supposedly had artificial sweetener in it). I'm wondering if it might be the same batch as you mentioned?

thanks
Tickstar

Postby homemade » Tuesday Jan 02, 2007 7:23 am

It was a Morgans Ginger Beer , with a use by date 28th Aug 08 .
homemade

Postby Tickstar » Friday Jan 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Mine was a Morgans also but didn't keep the can (doh!) so not sure of use by. Might sling 'em an e-mail and see what they say.
Tickstar

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .