Coopers Ginger Beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Coopers Ginger Beer

Postby mobydick » Monday Aug 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Last night in the supermarket I noticed kits of Coopers Ginger Beer. Has anyone tried it, and was it any good? I tried a 'search' - but came up with nothing. Is it new?
mobydick

Postby wambesi » Monday Aug 27, 2007 11:21 pm

No not new, been out for a while.
From what I have read most people have added real ginger and stuff to it to get it to taste good though.

I'm now using plants myself, I dont think I will ever try another GB kit after the latest plant based GB I did up - just hope I can get the next one as good!
wambesi

Postby corks » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 12:37 am

care to post the recipie, or is did you already post it in a thread of its own? i suspect you may have.
corks

Postby wambesi » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 7:44 am

corks wrote:care to post the recipie, or is did you already post it in a thread of its own? i suspect you may have.

Sure, mine is based upon wildschweins thread here my variation is actually here on aussiehomebrewer but I'll post it here also.

As I said follow his thread for all the ins and outs and my variations were:

The plant was done exactly how he said except I switched between dry ground and fresh grated ginger, also 1 tsp of raw and 1 tsp of LDME.
The actual "beer" was 2 large oranges 1 "normal" size lemon, and 900g of ginger all juiced with a juicer and 1 kg dex made to 6L then the plant strained in. Probably will add another litre of water next time as it seems a little thicker than stuff I normally drink.

Kept the plant going and will be bottling another batch shortly.

Very nice drink, but after the three days or so to carb up must stick em in cold storage or they will keep carbonating and gush when opening.

Cheers
wambesi

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .