Ginger Beer Could Lead to a Drug Bust!!!

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Ginger Beer Could Lead to a Drug Bust!!!

Postby Rabbitz » Monday Mar 03, 2008 11:54 am

Well in NZ at least. From news.com.au

A SUSPECTED drug lab raided by New Zealand police turned out to be nothing more than a ginger beer home brewery.

A security firm responding to a burglar alarm at a property in Hamilton in the North Island called police when they discovered a still they believed to be part of a drug operation, the Waikato Times reported.

Police and firefighters went to the scene and cordoned off the area.

A neighbour said she overheard police talking with the home’s owner who said it was "my husband's bloody ginger beer set-up".

A police spokesman said the response was appropriate given the available information.
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems"
H.J. Simpson
Rabbitz

Re: Ginger Beer Could Lead to a Drug Bust!!!

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Mar 03, 2008 12:18 pm

I had a 2L conical yeast starter stirring on my stir plate last time the landlord came around to inspect the property. She did not say anything, but she certainly looked a few times. I explained what it was so as to avoid a similar incident to which she replied "oh... you make beer?" in a real snotty old lady sort of way! :roll: :wink:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Ginger Beer Could Lead to a Drug Bust!!!

Postby Chris » Monday Mar 03, 2008 12:50 pm

If you said it was drugs, she probably would've been better about it. You do live in Bundy after all...
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .