Making a punch from a spiced cider - Suggestions??

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Making a punch from a spiced cider - Suggestions??

Postby Pollux » Tuesday Dec 16, 2008 10:44 am

The missus just found some longnecks of a spiced cider I made her a while back and wants to use them as a base for a punch for Christmas day..

It was a brigalow kit cider + 1kg dex, my notes mention the follow spices.

"Preboil in 8L of water - 130 roughly chopped ginger, 3 cinnamon sticks, and brew sugar. 30mins rolling boil"

Trying to think of something to mix it with to stretch it out to a full jug of punch, it does seem to work well with fresh lime and lemonade but I want something a bit more interesting for christmas.

Ideas?
Pollux

Re: Making a punch from a spiced cider - Suggestions??

Postby KEG » Tuesday Dec 16, 2008 2:29 pm

well, dry ginger ale is a common punch ingredient along with champagne.. how about lots of fresh chopped fruit (particularly citrus, pineapple, melon, berries etc - juicy sorts of fruit), some fruit juice (your call, orange juice), some champagne, and the cider? perhaps diluted a bit with some soda water if it's too strong?

keep in mind that ginger and citrus, or ginger and melon, complement each other quite well usually.
KEG

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .