Draytons baby!

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Draytons baby!

Postby PenroD » Saturday Mar 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Okay, now i have in a wooden case Made be my grandfather, two bottles of Draytons 4th Generation port. The port was purchased in 1983, as far as i know, when i was born, by my uncle.
I dont realy know anything about the port, exept that it is oridginal. Un-opened pre 1983 Draytons 4th Generation port.

I've found a few items on ebay and the like for bottles only that are selling for like 30 - 50 AUdollars. These have been opened.

They were cased for me to open on my 21st birthday, hehe, im 26 now and still they sit there in their case all nice and safe. Anyone here who would know their value for what they are, or would know of anyone i could enquire of to find out? Or would they be the kind of thing i would just keep forever, and then on some memorable occasion, well, you know, consume? I'm not going to though.

For the time being they'll just sit there, Let me know guys, if you know anything.
PenroD

Re: Draytons baby!

Postby Tourist » Wednesday Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Why don't you ask Draytons?

drink@draytonswines.com.au

Their website listed 21-year-old port for $65/bottle
Back off man, I'm a tourist.
Tourist

Postby Bizier » Thursday Apr 02, 2009 8:20 am

Just try to keep them at a stable cool temp if you can... otherwise it is all for nothing.
Bizier

Postby PenroD » Tuesday Apr 21, 2009 8:46 pm

:wink: Sorry for taking an age to log back on here.

I'll send an email to draytons, great idea!

The temp. it doesnt get that hot here, and they're packed in sawdust in their case in the bottom of a cupboard. They'll be fine.
PenroD

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .