Manifold

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

Re: Manifold

Postby Timmsy » Tuesday Jan 29, 2008 10:58 am

Ok if i was gointg to make an cooper manifold what size should i use? Half inch? Also with the SS type u just get em from bunnings from the plumbing section?
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jan 29, 2008 11:37 am

w00t!
rwh

Postby Timmsy » Tuesday Jan 29, 2008 11:49 am

Ive printed that page out but it doesnt say anything about what diameter tubing you should use. Im gether halh inch. No biggy as i am proberlly going to go for the SS option anyways
Timmsy

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Jan 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Timmsy wrote:Ive printed that page out but it doesnt say anything about what diameter tubing you should use. Im gether halh inch. No biggy as i am proberlly going to go for the SS option anyways

I made mine from ½ inch copper pipe.
warra48

Postby ilovechocolate2002 » Thursday Jan 31, 2008 2:06 pm

ImageImage
are cornflakes flaked corn?
ilovechocolate2002

Postby ilovechocolate2002 » Thursday Jan 31, 2008 2:09 pm

ImageImage

not very clear, but u get the idea
are cornflakes flaked corn?
ilovechocolate2002

Postby Timmsy » Friday Feb 15, 2008 7:15 am

Got the SS last nite from Bunnings. Dont no what i was thinking but i got a 450mm long peice, enough to make 2! Needent to worry. What a pain to get it of the hose. The el cheapo tun link that was put up said it was easy hahahaha well mine wasnt.

Just curious what should i use for a stoppper?? What do some of you guys use??

The esky im going to use has a drain hole plug 1 cnr. Was thinking at using that instead of drilling a hole. Then i just need a 90 degree bit of copper and im all set
Timmsy

Postby SpillsMostOfIt » Friday Feb 15, 2008 7:36 am

I bought a 450mm hose braid from Bunnings as a kettle filter the other day. It has a nice elbow on one end that I can screw onto the all-thread that forms part of my weldless tap fitting.

To remove the braid from the end fittings, I sat the end on the gas stove for a while to soften the rubber inside then pulled it off (Using a shifting spanner to hold the hot bit and pulling on the braid). I was then able to use the original fitting to attach it to the kettle.
No Mash Tun. No Chill.

No confirmed fatalities.
SpillsMostOfIt

Postby warra48 » Friday Feb 15, 2008 8:11 am

SpillsMostOfIt wrote:I bought a 450mm hose braid from Bunnings as a kettle filter the other day. It has a nice elbow on one end that I can screw onto the all-thread that forms part of my weldless tap fitting.

To remove the braid from the end fittings, I sat the end on the gas stove for a while to soften the rubber inside then pulled it off (Using a shifting spanner to hold the hot bit and pulling on the braid). I was then able to use the original fitting to attach it to the kettle.

SMOI, any chance of a picture? Fitting a tap and drain into my kettle is my next project.
warra48

Postby SpillsMostOfIt » Friday Feb 15, 2008 9:04 am

Well... There's pics of my brewkettle inside and out immediately after tapping here -> http://sillybeertricks.blogspot.com/200 ... yphon.html

Detailed pics of hose braid destruction will be posted by an associate somewhere sometime soon. The female thread on the braided hose mates with 15mm (I think) all-thread and doesn't (in my situation) require the rubber washer supplied.

Some people have reported success with a hop-stopper product from beerbelly. I'm not a fan of the old-fashioned wheels... :wink:
No Mash Tun. No Chill.

No confirmed fatalities.
SpillsMostOfIt

Postby Swifty » Friday Feb 15, 2008 2:34 pm

If by stopper you mean something to clamp the end of the braided hose then you can just get a bit of metal and fold it over the end and flatten with a hammer. With mine, all I did was fold the end over and flatten the braided hose with a hammer, I did this three times and it's worked a treat.
Swifty

Postby rwh » Friday Feb 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Or perhaps you mean a Rubber bung? The bored ones have a hole drilled logitudinally.
w00t!
rwh

Previous

Return to Grain brewing