Mac Brewing Software

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

Mac Brewing Software

Postby Angry » Saturday Nov 08, 2008 9:31 am

I am about to make the move to all-grain (when my equipment arrives!) and I am wondering what other Mac users are using for their brew software.
I have played around with the trial version of Beer Alchemy and find it pretty good just think the price is a bit much (due to the dollar being up the creek it's nearly $50 au. Granted it does have 3 licences)
Hoping to go with a Mac native application as I don't wanna muck around with an emulator or getting a copy of windows.
If no other decent application is around (beersmith coming to Mac?) would go halves or thirds in Beer Alchemy with some fellow Mac using brewers if anyone is interested.
Angry

Re: Mac Brewing Software

Postby Hopmeister » Saturday Nov 08, 2008 12:22 pm

I run Beersmith via Parallels on my Mac.

I tried out most (all?) of the Mac brewing options, and in the end decided Beersmith via Parallels was the best option.
Hopmeister

Postby Angry » Sunday Nov 09, 2008 9:25 am

Hopmeister wrote:I run Beersmith via Parallels on my Mac.

I tried out most (all?) of the Mac brewing options, and in the end decided Beersmith via Parallels was the best option.

Yeah only problem is I don't have a copy of windows. So $100 for parallels and $80 or whatever for windows. Mac native is best for me but thanks for your opinion.
Angry

Postby bigturkey » Saturday Nov 15, 2008 10:01 am

I've tried Beer Alchemy and Beer Tools Pro, both are native mac.

I'm not sure either way yet, both have their pro's and cons, but am leaning toward Beer Tools Pro.
- Rich
bigturkey

Postby KEG » Saturday Nov 15, 2008 11:00 am

give QBrew a look. it's not as full-featured as what you're looking at, and possibly a little less intuitive, but totally free, and cross-platform.
KEG

Postby Angry » Tuesday Nov 18, 2008 11:54 am

KEG wrote:give QBrew a look. it's not as full-featured as what you're looking at, and possibly a little less intuitive, but totally free, and cross-platform.

Thanks Keg. Not a fan of QBrew (despite being free) but have found Beer Tools pro through other searches and it seems quite good at around $30 US. Might just go with that I think.
Angry

Return to Grain brewing