First Timer.

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

First Timer.

Postby gazpachos0up » Saturday Dec 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi all, just putting together my all grain set up this weekend, looking at putting something down next week, want to know if anyone can direct me to a good step by step link or web site that can talk me through the all grain method. Or any good post on the topic on this site.
Cheers
gazpachos0up

Re: First Timer.

Postby Clean Brewer » Sunday Dec 07, 2008 1:14 am

Put up where you are from and there could be someone close that could help you, seriuously though, make sure you understand the process first and the best thing to do is to watch someone else with a little more experience first... It will help alot more, most brewers are very willing to let you come watch a brew day..

Cheers
To be updated shortly....

HOMEBREW: IF I HAD TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
Clean Brewer

Postby gazpachos0up » Sunday Dec 07, 2008 1:27 am

Clean Brewer wrote:Put up where you are from and there could be someone close that could help you, seriuously though, make sure you understand the process first and the best thing to do is to watch someone else with a little more experience first... It will help alot more, most brewers are very willing to let you come watch a brew day..

Cheers

I have done a couple of 5L all grain brews that have turned out well, just wanted to have a read, make sure I'm not missing anything before going all the way, so if you know of any good links would be much appreciated.
gazpachos0up

Postby Biernut » Sunday Dec 07, 2008 5:40 am

How to Brew by John Palmer, would be a step in the right direction. An in depth article on pretty well all aspects of brewing with a bit of technical stuff thrown in.
Biernut

Postby Trough Lolly » Monday Dec 29, 2008 2:39 pm

If you want to see an excellent example of brewing an AG pilsner, try here:

http://cruisenews.net/brewing/infusion/

Cheers,
TL
Image Image
Trough Lolly

Postby drsmurto » Monday Dec 29, 2008 9:05 pm

gazpachos0up wrote:
Clean Brewer wrote:Put up where you are from and there could be someone close that could help you, seriously though, make sure you understand the process first and the best thing to do is to watch someone else with a little more experience first... It will help alot more, most brewers are very willing to let you come watch a brew day..

Cheers

I have done a couple of 5L all grain brews that have turned out well, just wanted to have a read, make sure I'm not missing anything before going all the way, so if you know of any good links would be much appreciated.

I will second what CB said - if you can meet up with a local experienced brewer it makes like very easy. I did and it made the process go so much smoother on the 1st one. Hold off on the first beer until the 60 min hop addition. The few times i poured a beer before starting were long and difficult days and the resulting beers paid for it.

Where are you based? Am brewing tomorrow if you are in Adelaide. Welcome to watch/help/ask questions etc

CHeers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Return to Grain brewing