James Squires Golden ale

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

James Squires Golden ale

Postby gazpachos0up » Wednesday Dec 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Anyone got a good recipe for this? Wanting and all grain recipe, the missus loves this stuff and she's now making the transition from home brew lemonade and lolly water drinks to home brewed beer, I thought this would be the best way possible.
gazpachos0up

Re: James Squires Golden ale

Postby Goofinder » Wednesday Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm

You'll be wanting DrSmurto's famous Golden Ale, which can be found here among other places. I haven't brewed the AG version (although I have done the Kit version which was very nice) but from all reports while it might not be an exact clone it is a bloody good drop.
Goofinder

Re: James Squires Golden ale

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Dec 11, 2008 9:05 am

If you want something closer to the original beer, dont dry hop it. The one i entered into ANAWBS wasnt dry hopped and was bottle conditioned for a few months. The keg version gets a teaball of amarillo thrown in it and is much more in your face aroma wise. You also need to go light on the carbonation as JSGA is carbed at english ale levels.

I have one in a keg at the moment that has been dry hopped. Slowly reducing the carb level as it will be served thru a hand pull on Saturday at the case swap. 8)
drsmurto

Return to Grain brewing