AG Brew-a-thon

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

AG Brew-a-thon

Postby Clean Brewer » Monday Feb 09, 2009 9:44 am

Hello all,

Well yesterday I decided to start brewing in the afternoon, mash in on first brew was at 350pm, it was Yankee Doodle Amber Ale(trough lolly), got all energetic and started a second brew Silly Season Summer Ale(gibbocore)..

8hrs later, I had 2 AG brews No-chilling in cubes, while it got a bit tiring towards the end, it was great to get 2 kegs worth of beer done in a day.. :D

Cheers
CB
To be updated shortly....

HOMEBREW: IF I HAD TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
Clean Brewer

Re: AG Brew-a-thon

Postby sav » Tuesday Feb 24, 2009 8:57 pm

jeez ya keen latest for me is 12.00 midday
sav

Postby warra48 » Wednesday Feb 25, 2009 8:18 am

G'day Sav.
Welcome to this forum.
How's the recovery with the snapped achilles?

I think Clean Brewer is a chef, so he is used to starting late and working late.
So for him, it is his usual daily schedule.

I agree on the time though. My last few brews I've doughed in at 7:00 am, and I'm all done by lunchtime. Decoctions add some extra time, but still not late.
Each to their own, I guess.
warra48

Postby sav » Wednesday Feb 25, 2009 9:03 am

Going all wright find out more on fri when I get plaster off,I got a dvt so It could be better,I still managed to put a brew down though,might do a 430 dough in as well lol.
sav

Postby Clean Brewer » Wednesday Feb 25, 2009 6:24 pm

warra48 wrote:G'day Sav.
Welcome to this forum.
How's the recovery with the snapped achilles?

I think Clean Brewer is a chef, so he is used to starting late and working late.
So for him, it is his usual daily schedule.

I agree on the time though. My last few brews I've doughed in at 7:00 am, and I'm all done by lunchtime. Decoctions add some extra time, but still not late.
Each to their own, I guess.

Hey Warra and Sav,

Yes, I am a Chef and am very used to starting early and finishing late, thats hospitality and your own business.. I was on Holidays when I did those 2 brews in a row, I would probably start a bit earlier though next time if I was going to do a double brew day..

I dont mind brewing at night as there is dick all on TV(cant stand it anyhow) and I have 2 kiddies(2 & 7) so once they are in bed, I can just brew and have a beer or two.. Plus, the lovely missus goes to bed early aswell...

Cheers :D
To be updated shortly....

HOMEBREW: IF I HAD TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
Clean Brewer

Return to Grain brewing