making mixers

Talk about methods, equipment and recipes for making brewed and distilled spirits at home.

making mixers

Postby zx7rtas » Wednesday Feb 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Does anyone know if you can still purchase the udl style home brews such as bourbon and cola,vodka and orange etc etc.Did a few awhile ago but cant seem to find them anymore for some reason.
zx7rtas

Re: making mixers

Postby tazman67 » Wednesday Feb 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Put in your location...local people might be able to help you...
I brew the beer I drink
tazman67

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm

I did a scotch and coke a lot of years ago but havent seen any of these packs around for a hell of a long time, not that i would want one if i had seen them cos from memory they were terrible but each too thier own :D
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby RJB510 » Wednesday Mar 11, 2009 1:01 pm

You could be adventurous and make your own from scratch? I was thinking of having a crack at it myself.
I am looking at making something like a blueberry mash, use the sugars in the fruit and mix that with a wine yeast. Let it ferment until done. Distill that till through a pot still for a clear flavoured alcohol. Then have the normal vodka, or neutral spirit and mix the two together. Water down to a specific % and then add a bit more sugar and 1 or 2 little seeds of yeast then bottle it, and it should carbonate, either that or use carbonation drops. Leave it for a couple of months, Hopefully it will recreate something like a Smirnoff or something. (thats what i'm hoping).

Pitfall i can see in this is that the alcohol will be too high in the bottle already and wont let it carbonate. But we'll see.
RJB510

Postby lethaldog » Wednesday Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

RJB510 wrote:You could be adventurous and make your own from scratch? I was thinking of having a crack at it myself.
I am looking at making something like a blueberry mash, use the sugars in the fruit and mix that with a wine yeast. Let it ferment until done. Distill that till through a pot still for a clear flavoured alcohol. Then have the normal vodka, or neutral spirit and mix the two together. Water down to a specific % and then add a bit more sugar and 1 or 2 little seeds of yeast then bottle it, and it should carbonate, either that or use carbonation drops. Leave it for a couple of months, Hopefully it will recreate something like a Smirnoff or something. (thats what i'm hoping).

Pitfall i can see in this is that the alcohol will be too high in the bottle already and wont let it carbonate. But we'll see.

The other sollution if possible would be to keg a batch and gas it up, no probs with carbonation there.
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby 6250 » Thursday Aug 12, 2010 1:15 pm

theres a product called flavour burst which comes in a variety of flavours. all u need to do is add vodka and soda. they make around 5 litres i think. i think queensland brewing company puts them out.

Return to Spirits