Melbourne Micros accessible by public transport from city?

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Melbourne Micros accessible by public transport from city?

Postby Fifey » Monday Dec 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Hello! Going to Melbourne this week, and I was wondering what microbreweries are reasonably accessible by public transport from the city centre, which is where we will be staying.

Cheers.

(Edited my typo. Hur hur!)
Last edited by Fifey on Monday Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifey

Re: Melbourne Micros accessible by public transport from cit

Postby timmy » Monday Dec 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Mountain Goat in Richmond would be a good start. Quite close and a great visit by all accounts.

Public transport in Melbourne is shite so I wouldn't recommend venturing too far afield.
timmy

Postby chadjaja » Monday Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Public transports shite? Mostly the only people that complain are Melbourne people and the the rest of the country can't believe we have trains and the extensive tram and bus routes as well..

If you are up for a day trip then Holgate at Woodend is a great day out. Just jump on a vline train from Southern Cross station and an hour or so later you will be in the country and a short 5 min walk from the brewhouse and bar :wink: :mrgreen: Would only cost about $10 return and its on the Bendigo line. Highly recommend a day's trip out and see if you can do a brewery tour.

Mountain goat is an easy trip by tram out of town. Brewery tours are on Wed's by memory.

I don't think that Two Brothers are open unless its a Friday by memory and its in an industrial estate so thats harder.

Also you can go 3 Ravens but its a bit of a trek because it requires a tram and a bus. If you got the tram out to Thornbury then it would be a $10 cab ride to get there but again its a Friday night open bar thing.
chadjaja

Postby Fifey » Monday Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Pity about the Mtn. Goat tours being on Wednesday, I've got my Muse concert on then.

How hard is True South to get to?

On public transport in Melbourne, try weekends in Adelaide!
Fifey

Postby chadjaja » Tuesday Dec 14, 2010 7:08 am

Its a fair walk of 5+kms from the nearest train station. People that live on beach rd don't use public transport so I doubt they care.
chadjaja

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Dec 14, 2010 9:48 am

Lived in Melbourne for 2 years and found the public transport system to be excellent. Peak hour can be a tad busy but the trams make getting around the city and suburbs so easy.

Try living in Adelaide where public transport systems go to die.
drsmurto

Postby Trizza » Friday Jan 07, 2011 2:04 pm

+ 1 for what doc said. Also check out the Federation Square webisite for when the next Microbrewery Showcase is on. I think its quarterly.
Got Malt?
Trizza

Return to Pubs and bars