Silvertone Pub

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Silvertone Pub

Postby Kippo » Friday Jan 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Has anyone ever been to the silvertone pub? It features in the mad max series. It is just past Broken Hill.

Nothing special about it, just thought i would mention a Aussie pub that has been featured in hollywood.
Primary: Coopers Bavarian Lager.
Secondary: Empty
Bottled and slammin' down: Coopers Lager, Coopers Draught and Coopers Bitter

Next Project: Some type of clone
Kippo

Postby r.magnay » Friday Jan 06, 2006 5:32 pm

yep! been there, also been to the relocated pub in qld that was used in the crocodile Dundee movies.
Ross
r.magnay

Postby shane_vor » Sunday Jan 15, 2006 8:37 pm

It's on my list each time I go back to broken hill.

new managers are chris and jo.

the angry lady and old bloke and the horse that used to stick it's head in the door are gone, although I think the old duck still actually owns the place.

good prt about it now though is that there are rooms beside the beer garden, so you don't have to slum it, by chucking a swag out on the ground or drive all the way back into town ;)
shane_vor

Postby Clintsc9 » Sunday Jan 15, 2006 10:01 pm

We were there back in the late 80s on St Paddy's day and were drinking green beer and admiring the photos on the walls from all the movies that had been made there.

There were a couple of blokes in the bar crapping on about their shearing exploits. It was pretty obvious from their nice dark coloured Jackie Howes and clean boots and hats that they were city-slickers pretending.

The lady from the bar arrived behind them with a wheelbarrow and offered just for fun if anyone wanted a ride.
One of the blokes took the bait and sat in the barrow. She wheeled him outside and dumped in a nice fresh pile recently dropped there by that horse that looked in the window. Told him that was a fitting place for him.

We all laughed so much they got back in their nice clean Tojo and hi-tailed it.
Clint
Clintsc9

Re: Silvertone Pub

Postby db » Monday Jan 16, 2006 9:21 am

Kippo wrote:Has anyone ever been to the silvertone pub? It features in the mad max series. It is just past Broken Hill.

Nothing special about it, just thought i would mention a Aussie pub that has been featured in hollywood.

i was there only a couple of days ago :D nothing special but very welcome on the + 40deg day we visited.. so was the coopers sparkling :D

gotta love the "silverton test" :lol:
ask the barmaid about it next time you go :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
db

Return to Pubs and bars