Beer in Brisbane

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Re: Beer in Brisbane

Postby Snowdog » Tuesday Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am

Yeah, I strolled by O'Mally's on Queen street today on my way to the Pig n Whistle to have an Old Speckled Hen.

Except they didn't have it anymore. Instead they were advertising they had Victoria Bitter mid-strength now on tap, and had Fullers Bombardier instead of the Hen.
Oh well.... went to the Brewhouse and had a pint of Up Your Kilt, which was pretty good! I'll be in town again Thursday so maybe will check out O'Malleys.
Snowdog

Postby Snowdog » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 2:59 pm

I visited The Brewhouse and I do like their Up Your Kilt smoked Scotch ale!
Snowdog

Postby matt » Saturday Mar 08, 2008 5:35 am

checked out the International Hotel microbrewery last night. thanks for the tip guys. $4 pints of their Pilsener :D i will return to try the other beers another time
matt

Postby Snowdog » Sunday Mar 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I need to get up to the International Hotel someday. $4 pints is a deal!

Went to the Brewhouse Saturday and enjoyed a nice steak sandwich with a few pots of their beer.
Their Fourth Reich dark lager was ok, but the Starlager was better. The best I had was their Up Your Kilt Scottish ale.
They had Smoked Rausch from the Sunshine Coast as a guest tap.
Snowdog

Postby Will » Monday Mar 24, 2008 12:53 am

They used to do a bock which I was quite fond of but I don't think it was too popular so they gave it the flick.

Unfortunately they're starting to run low since they are replacing a lot of their brewing equipment at the moment, hence the guest beer.
Will

Postby Snowdog » Tuesday Mar 25, 2008 11:54 am

Will wrote:They used to do a bock which I was quite fond of but I don't think it was too popular so they gave it the flick.

Unfortunately they're starting to run low since they are replacing a lot of their brewing equipment at the moment, hence the guest beer.

The guest tap is a good idea really. Be nice if they pursue it further. Its not like they need to worry about the lack of taps.
They could do with one or two less macro-swill taps me thinks....
....and whats with having two Tooheys New taps? Maybe swap one to Tooheys Old at least?

I was told they were running behind on getting the Taffy Bock out because of their renovating, but it was their 'winter' seasonal.
They've been out of the Sunshine Honey Wheat every time I stopped by there the last couple months.
I enjoyed, but was somewhat underwheilmed by their Schwarzbier.
Snowdog

Previous

Return to Pubs and bars