new Irish Bar in melbourne SE

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

new Irish Bar in melbourne SE

Postby DarkFaerytale » Tuesday Dec 19, 2006 7:13 am

went to the new irish bar at highways (corner of Princes Highway and Corrigan Road, Springvale - just around the corner from the entrance to Sandown Racecourse) last saturday and noticing there are a few people on here from around the area thought i'd post a small review here. there not a bad range of beers in the bottle behind the bar including some hoegaarden which was nice to see, on tap was the usuall fare plus guiness and kilkenny (one of my fav's) and you can deffinatly tell the taps are cleaned out quite regularily, tasted fantastic, apparently they are looking at putting in some micro brewed beer as well.

tryed one of there roasted potato's with chilli con carn on it, was pretty great and they have other flavours as well as meals which i havn't had the chance to try yet but i will soon, but the highlight was deffinatly the staff, chicks there are pretty good looking and nice to boot and the fella who runs the bar (Garret) was a homebrewer back at his home in ireland so had a lengthy chat with him about homebrewing and making mead, he also has great taste in music. all in all this is a pretty great place, hopefully it doesn't get brought down buy the idiots in the area but the higher prices for the better beer will hopefully keep them out.

i advise everyone to go and check this place out especially if you like the irish style pubs and cant be stuffed going all the way to the city to go in one. i'll deffinatly be going back quite often especially scince i'm 5 mins down the road :)

-Phill
DarkFaerytale

Postby DarkFaerytale » Sunday Apr 22, 2007 5:34 pm

Aherns (pub above) has Kilkenny on tap for 5 bucks a pint, not sure how long for but if anyone wants to meet up for a drink, i'll most likely already be there :P

-Phill
DarkFaerytale

Postby KEG » Sunday Apr 22, 2007 9:50 pm

sounds like a plan, i'll have to get down there sometime. I live just a bit further up the highway basically, a stone's throw from the fire station.

cheers :)
chris
KEG

Postby KEG » Monday Oct 08, 2007 10:20 am

.... and 5 and a half months later i still haven't gotten off my arse to go there.

i'm on annual leave, bored, and considering it now :lol:
KEG

Postby DarkFaerytale » Tuesday Oct 09, 2007 8:18 am

i'm usually there about 3 times a week, it never gets packed there on a fri, sat night so a great place to take the missus for a quite night and to listen to some live music (usually a two peice)

man i should work for the place *lol*
DarkFaerytale

Postby DarkFaerytale » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 7:58 am

nows a good time to get down to this place, all there bottled beer behind the bar is 10-50% off till next week.

look out for the guy sitting at the bar playing keno, thats me...i have a new addiction :P

-Phill
DarkFaerytale

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 9:04 am

hope your lucky numbers are coming up!
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Postby KEG » Monday Dec 31, 2007 2:40 pm

I'll most likely be there tonight with a couple friends..
KEG

Return to Pubs and bars