Section 8 Melbourne - Anyone been there?

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Section 8 Melbourne - Anyone been there?

Postby newcastlenovice » Friday May 04, 2007 5:58 pm

I live in newcastle and have heard about an "amazing" place called section 8. It's in Melbourne (somewhere near China town, I think) Has anyone been there and can you vouch for its atmosphere??
newcastlenovice

Postby MOFO » Saturday May 05, 2007 6:18 pm

Yeah, I have been a few times. It's a bit up and down atmosphere wise. The fact that it is just forklift/chep crates stacked means that if it is queit you feel like you are drinking in a factory or something, but can say that it does fill out at night and it is good fun. I can't think it's that nice during winter though.... They do good beers there, you can even buy coopers longnecks and drink them straight - my sort of bar. They have pretty good DJs there, who just set up a stand with two 44 gallon drums and a bit of wood for a table. Well worth a visit anyway. Its down Tattersalls lane from memory... Also suggest a few bars not far from there down Meyer Lane - one called loop, but a better bar across the street from it.
MOFO

Return to Pubs and bars