Brews Brothers microbrewery

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Brews Brothers microbrewery

Postby grogman » Sunday Jun 17, 2007 6:14 pm

I went to Brews Brothers at Woollongabba _ one of those brew on premises places _ for the first time last weekend and found the beer to be absolutely top quality,. Me and a couple of mates did the Mexicana (a copy of Corona) and we've only got about 20 stubbies left from the 150-odd we got. The menu and range is incredible, the staff were great and it was all so easy. Obviously, it costs more than what you can do at home, but you just couldn't compare the quality. It was crisp, gassy enough and best of all it was clear as _ no sediment at all due to the filtration process the boys put the beer through. I talked to a few of the other customers and every one of them was raving about their beers. One bloke I spoke to reckons he's done about 14 different types and hasn;t found one he didn't like. They were all pretty adamant about the lack of hangovers as well.
Having done a few years worth of home brews on and off over the years, I just don't understand why you'd bother anymore. These guys have all the best ingredients, recipes and equipment. There's no sediment, you don't have to worry about sterilising everything. And best of all, the boys always have at least one of their beers on a sample tap and it's a great atmosphere. A top way to catch up with mates over a quality beer. Home brewings great if you've got the time, space, knowledge, quality ingredients, ideal temperature and humidity conditions. Otherwise I fully recommend at least trying these guys. We'll definitely be going back _ and soon.
grogman

Postby yardglass » Sunday Jun 17, 2007 7:43 pm

you forgot not affiliated yaddah yaddah....
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby velophile » Monday Jun 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Are they set up to do All Grain?
Ride, Drink, Repeat.
velophile

Postby grogman » Monday Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm

No _ but there is a place in Brissie that does the full mash thing I'm told _ Not sure what they're called but they're somewhere at Capalaba or Cleveland or something.
BTW _ does anyone know why you have to keep the beer cold from these places? The guy at Woolloongabba told me it was all about maintaining the quality of the beer, but he couldn't really explain why.
I remember reading somewhere about temperature changes affecting gas levels. Would it be that?
grogman

Postby WSC » Tuesday Jun 19, 2007 11:15 pm

I think the all grain place is Bacchus Brewery and it is somewhere around cleveland.
WSC

Postby Ross » Wednesday Jun 20, 2007 7:38 am

WSC wrote:I think the all grain place is Bacchus Brewery and it is somewhere around cleveland.

you got the name right, but it's in Capalaba behind the bowling alley off the redland bay rd.

Cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross

Postby DJ » Wednesday Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am

Ross wrote:
WSC wrote:I think the all grain place is Bacchus Brewery and it is somewhere around cleveland.

you got the name right, but it's in Capalaba behind the bowling alley off the redland bay rd.

Cheers Ross

Ross,
what is this place? I'm going to visit friends in Redland bay in August and am very interested...
DJ

"No Excuses" - Kostya Tszyu
DJ

Postby WSC » Wednesday Jun 20, 2007 1:24 pm

http://www.bacchusbrewing.com.au/index.htm

Never been there and i don't know if you need to keep the beer chilled post bottling
WSC

Postby James L » Wednesday Jun 20, 2007 5:02 pm

I liked the idea of brew your own...

Tried it once, made what they reckoned was a Little Creatures Pale Ale...
Spent 140 bucks and got 50L of shit... put me off doing it again...

You can make alot of home brew for 140 bucks...

But thats just my 2 cents worth...
James L

Return to Pubs and bars