Cowaramup Brewing Company

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Cowaramup Brewing Company

Postby homebrewers » Saturday Jul 07, 2007 8:42 pm

:D

Hi Everybody, it's been a while since we last logged in, but we're back.

Would like you all to know about a great brewery in the south-west of W.A. It's called Cowaramup Brewing Company.

We spent a weekend "DOWN SOUTH" and came across many brewery's but this was by far the best and is more than worth a mention.

The setting and scenic views are fantastic, the hospitality marvellous, the food above and beyond. And what about the beer? It goes down so easy, and tastes so great we can't wait to go back!

They even grow their own hops on the premises!

Also well worth a mention is the Knights Inn in Margaret River. A great place to eat drink and stay, they also have the Cowaramup Pilsner on tap!

We certainly had a fantastic time and will be going back again & again & again.

We hope you all put this brewery on your list of "brewerys i MUST visit list".

Hope you enjoy. :D
We face the eternal drinking problem two hands, one mouth.
homebrewers

Postby mobydick » Saturday Jul 07, 2007 9:44 pm

What? No Disclaimer? :roll:
mobydick

Postby Chris » Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 4:14 pm

There might be a very good reason why there is no disclaimer.

Cheap advertising nonetheless.

Send me a sample of your beer, and if it is good, I'll let you know :lol:
Chris

Postby sathid » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 1:11 pm

I've been to the Cowaramup Brewery (over the easter long weekend) and although the setup was great, the beer was disappointing. I had the sampler paddle (four half pints (I think) served on a paddle. One of each of the four beers they make).

Some of my beers tasted like they had detergent in them, and all but one had no head retention at all. One had no head to begin with. I actually wondered if it wasn't the beer, and if perhaps they just hadn't washed the glasses properly. I didn't finish drinking two of the beers from memory. Just couldn't stand drinking them.

I was very disappointed because I had driven out of my way specifically to have a quick look, and because the range looked so promising.

If it was just a one off, then the place is great. I liked what they had selected for their range of brews, and as I said earlier, the setup is great. The view is also pretty good. Very relaxing place.

Just a pity about the beer...
sathid

Re: Cowaramup Brewing Company

Postby James L » Wednesday Jan 16, 2008 12:48 pm

I thought the Hefe Weisen was excellent. The pilsner was a pilsner, but the thing that surprised me was the other 3 beers on the tasting paddle that were almost identical. one was an ESB, one was an IPA and one was an oktoberfest. I think they must've used very similar grains and hops throughout... Seems a shame that there are so many different beer styles and hops varieties out there that you end up with 3/5 of your tasting paddle tasting the same as each other.

But apart from that, its a very nice place to have a beer and i hear the food isnt too bad either...

I know its early days for this brewery and they are still testing the waters (not literally), so i think they'll have a great selection of beers in good time.
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Re:

Postby Snowdog » Thursday Feb 14, 2008 3:18 pm

sathid wrote:Some of my beers tasted like they had detergent in them, and all but one had no head retention at all.

Sounds like a crappy dishwasher to me. I once worked in a place where the dishwasher didn't seem to get the soap rinsed, so I would wash the glasses by hand. The result was beer that didn't taste like soap and a decent head could be had. Of course if the soap taste is brewed into the beer.... :oops:
Snowdog

Return to Pubs and bars