The Brewhouse - Brisbane CBD

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Re: The Brewhouse - Brisbane CBD

Postby Snowdog » Thursday Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

I've pretty much given up on this place returning. Miss the place.

I now spend my time between The Platform, 5th Element, with a stop at the Pig n Whistle on Queen Street for the Stone & Wood, and a walk to the Belgian Beer Cafe on occasion.
Snowdog

Postby WSC » Thursday Mar 25, 2010 11:41 am

Just saw on another forum that the Brewhoue will re open on Monday at the Clarence Croner Hotel, in the Gabba, right across from the Mater Hospital and Busway.
WSC

Postby Snowdog » Thursday Apr 01, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah... hope to get by there sometime this weekend if I can dodge the colsed hours. Looking to try the Brisbane Pale Ale on tap. They say it's better than what was on offer last year at the Good Food & Wine Show.
Snowdog

Postby Snowdog » Tuesday Apr 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Stopped by Easter Sunday and had a schooner of Brisbane Pale Ale. It was tasting good, and loved the closeness to the Mater busway stop! We went in the door by the corner straight into the bar where the TAB was. What a mistake! I should have reconn'd the place before mentioning it to SWMBO, but she loved the old place and was excited to hear they were back in business. Let's just say she wasn't impressed with the atmosphere. Had to walk through a crowd of smokers right outside the door, and walked into a half-dozen gambling diehards with the horse racing blaring from the TV. With the exception of the rather tasty BPA on tap, it was a typical Aussie megaswill pub. I knew it wouldn't be the socially comfortable brewhouse of old, and should have held off bringing the wife. Needless to say I'll likely be visiting when I'm on my way into the city by myself for awhile as I think it will take some doing to convince her to go again. :(
Snowdog

Previous

Return to Pubs and bars