Pubs in Perth

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Pubs in Perth

Postby TommyH » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Going on a trip later this year and was wondering if anyone knows some good pubs in Perth.
i.e. Ones that sell decent beer.

Thanks
TommyH

Postby Balls » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi TommyH, in the city there are a few good pubs that sell mainly Aussie and Pommy beer on tap.(Rosie O'Gradys, Moon and Sixpence,). The Belgian Beer Cafe in Murray street. Hope that they may get you started. Cheers :)
Balls

Postby TommyH » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Thanks for that.
Didn't know they had a Belgian Beer Cafe in Perth :D
TommyH

Postby sathid » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 2:10 pm

There is one on the old mandurah rd (between perth and mandurah), that I've heard is really good (lots of english ales) but I've forgotten the name :oops: I'm trying it out shortly.

I'd start with Little Creatures, The Duckstein Brewery, Belgian Beer Cafe, and Clancy's Fish Pub in Applecross has a great selection of local beers. Also, check out The Beer Store (it's a bottle shop) in morley, and the International Beer Shop in subiaco (best range of imported beers in the state at these two bottle shops).

The Royal, in east perth used to have the best selection I've seen, but have changed recently. Still pretty decent.
sathid

Postby TommyH » Sunday Oct 21, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks Sathid.
That should fill up my four days there :)
TommyH

Postby James L » Monday Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am

If you only have a coule of days in Perth, you might need a game plan..

OK... you might want to spend a day in Fremantle (jump on the train from the city). you can do the tourist thing (markets, shopping for the lady), but while she is doing that, you can go to Little Creatures, the Sail and Anchor and Clancy's freo.

Little creatures makes their own beers, as does sail and anchor. They are both great places. Clancy's doesnt, but tries to sell beers from local breweries (last drop, feral brew42). So you'll be able to get the most out of the local brew scene there. All these 3 places are within walking/stumbling distance of each other, and since you have the train, there is no need to drive back to the city.

The next day you could spend in the city itself. The belgian beer cafe is a good start... there are plenty of bars in the city, but the majority just sell beer you could get anywhere else.

If you can, you could try and make your way out to the swan valley for another day... That area has about 3 or 4 breweries including the duckstein, elmars, feral, and MASH. all are good value... The place is also full of wineries

Thats 3 days... i guess the rest of the time you might need to recover...
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby TommyH » Monday Oct 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Thanks James.
Sounds like a plan :D
TommyH

Return to Pubs and bars