The Local Taphouse

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

The Local Taphouse

Postby Tim... » Wednesday Feb 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Heard about this new bar in St Kilda called "The Local Taphouse" through a red hill newsletter that opened sometime this week. Anyone been there yet? From what I hear it has 40 taps with 20 different beers (16 regulars and 4 showcase).

Apparantly this is the current line-up:

Regular Taps;

Carlton Draught
Matilda Bay Bohemian Pilsener
Trumer Pils
Becks
Matilda Bay Dogbolter
Coopers Sparkling Ale
James Squire Golden Ale
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Jamieson The Beast IPA
Leffe Blonde
Hoegaarden
Erdinger Hefeweizen
Mountain Goat Hightail Ale
James Squire Porter
Coopers Best Extra Stout
Matilda Bay Barking Duck Saison

Showcase/rotating taps (unless it's changed in the last few days)

Red Oak Honey Ale
Barons Lemon Myrtle Witbeer
Coopers Vintage Ale (I assume 07)
Red Hill Belgian Blonde (brand new)

Found here: http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/1226874

Sounds like somewhere I really have to visit. And soon! It's gonna be tough trying to work my way through all 20 beers in the night, especially when I refuse to buy anything smaller than a pint! :lol:
Tim...

Re: The Local Taphouse

Postby Chris » Wednesday Feb 13, 2008 3:10 pm

That's a good line-up! Hope the prices are reasonable.

That is some REALLY good beer.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Feb 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Tis the Wheatsheaf of Melbourne.........
drsmurto

Postby oztapguy » Friday Feb 15, 2008 12:23 am

we just opened last Thur and tap list is right except for the Showcase taps which change every few days (or as long as keg lasts!) - we have some great brews from all over Oz lined up. The Lemon Myrtle is sold out so we're about to put on the brand spanking new Mountain Goat Hefeweizen. The Vintage is 07 and the Redoak is the Irish Red Ale (that should be also sold out any day and their Honey Ale is next).. Feel free to ask questions.. we're still ironing out bugs but we're v happy with the start. check out photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/natvincent ... 6490/show/
oztapguy

Postby Tim... » Friday Feb 15, 2008 2:25 pm

oztapguy wrote:we just opened last Thur and tap list is right except for the Showcase taps which change every few days (or as long as keg lasts!) - we have some great brews from all over Oz lined up. The Lemon Myrtle is sold out so we're about to put on the brand spanking new Mountain Goat Hefeweizen. The Vintage is 07 and the Redoak is the Irish Red Ale (that should be also sold out any day and their Honey Ale is next).. Feel free to ask questions.. we're still ironing out bugs but we're v happy with the start. check out photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/natvincent ... 6490/show/

Are you guys open 7 days? I was going to come down on tuesday with some mates, but i wasn't certain if you had opened yet (all i knew was you were opening sometime that week). Ended up going to the James Squire Brewhouse in the portland hotel instead.
Tim...

Postby oztapguy » Saturday Feb 16, 2008 12:57 am

We are open 7 days. Tues is the cruisiest night of all. We have 2 floors (both with 20 taps - usually the same) - downstairs is entertainment like standup comedy, live music (soloists, duos etc) and trivia. Upstairs is outdoor beer terrace and quieter room.. Hope to see you down there - introduce yourself! Steve
oztapguy

Postby Snowdog » Tuesday Mar 11, 2008 11:40 am

May be down on the 17th & 18th. Will try and get the guys to head over for some beer after the conference as we'll be only a mile away.
Snowdog

Return to Pubs and bars