Drinking in Brissy

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Drinking in Brissy

Postby Kevnlis » Friday Mar 07, 2008 2:09 pm

I have an interview in Brisbane (Salisbury to be exact) with an old friend. I am sure he will want to go out for beers, is there anything in that general area that has good micro beers on tap? I would like it to be fairly quiet so that we are able to catch up, and I have half a chance to sell myself into the position but also be able to impress upon him what a real beer tastes like. I plan to give him a few bottles of my best AG brews as well because, who wouldn't want a mate at work that brews great beer? ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Drinking in Brissy

Postby gregb » Friday Mar 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Sounds close to bribery. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. :wink:

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby Kevnlis » Friday Mar 07, 2008 9:03 pm

:lol: Honestly I would beg borrow or steal a job ATM. I am so over the flooded IT job market and a hardware/software market that is getting cheaper and more reliable by the day. When I first started seven years ago I was beating work off with a stick, now I have to kiss ass to a bunch of dickheads who never send me work in the hope of putting food on the table! I have decided to put myself on the market, if nothing pans out in the next couple months I will go back to uni and start from scratch :roll: :shock:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Monday Mar 10, 2008 10:31 am

If you want to be a sales rep... Phoenix Beers have a job going.... Selling none other than BEER!!!

Staff Wanted

Our friends at Phoenix Beers are looking for a new sales representative. Phoenix Beers is an importer and distributor of boutique beers, and is looking for an energetic, focused and reliable individual to sell their beers into liquor stores, pubs and restaurants. Some previous sales experience is essential - whether it be in the liquor or other industry.

The position would suit an organised, energetic and outgoing individual, who can maintain current accounts as well as 'cold call' to negotiate deals and forge relationships with large chain outlets. The ability to close sales deals is essential.

Applicants should also be prepared to travel interstate to call on the client base there.

This is primarily a sales position, however the Applicant is also expected to assist in various office tasks - answering telephones, taking stock orders, calling customers and relieving staff on leave.

Knowledge of boutique beers would be helpful. A desire to work with a small, self-motivated team is essential.

A reliable car is preferred and a car allowance is paid. A company car may be considered depending on experience.

A moderate level of computer competency is required, specifically in:
Outlook;
Excel;
Word; and
MYOB.

This is a full-time position, pay and entitlements will be based on experience. Interested parties should contact Leif Ryan - leif@phoenixbeers.com.au
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby Snowdog » Monday Mar 10, 2008 11:16 am

Ah yes, I got that email from IBS too! :D

I'll be in the City at the Brewhouse this Friday afternoon, likely with a pint of their 'Up Your Kilt' ale and a basket of chips in front of me. You might be able to find a quiet corner there.... or not.
Snowdog

Return to Pubs and bars