Bright Brewery

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

Bright Brewery

Postby MattyR » Saturday Jul 19, 2008 8:03 am

An excellent selection of their own brews in a great setting.you can spend the arvo in a relaxed atmosphere,sample some fine beers and keep an eye on the kids in the playground below(if you have them).I highly recommend this brewery so if your ever in NE vic.drop n and have a few.I live about an hour away so Itry to get there as much as i can and hope the wifes willing to drive home.I think theres a link to the website on this site under the Breweries section.
MattyR

Re: Bright Brewery

Postby Lachy » Saturday Jul 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Yep, definitely agree with that statement. I've only tried the Blowhard Pale Ale and Hellfire Amber Ale... they are absolute rippers.

I think I need to go on another roadtrip sometime soon... :D
Lachy

Postby Shaun » Monday Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Have to say Beechworth Brewery has it all over Bright brewery for quality of beer. I was not impressed with the beers at Bright after trying Beechworths. Bright did have a better view overlooking the pool on a hot summer’s day though.
Shaun

Postby timmy » Tuesday Oct 14, 2008 5:18 am

I was down there at the weekend.

I tried their tasting paddle and was impressed by most - especially their Wit and porter. Their dubbel is also quite nice. When I was there they had their raspberry lambic on tap and I was quite impressed - not as syrupy as some I've tasted because they obviously use fresh fruit (I know because it was in the bottom of the glass....).

Cheers,

Tim
timmy

Postby MattyR » Monday Nov 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Shaun wrote:Have to say Beechworth Brewery has it all over Bright brewery for quality of beer. I was not impressed with the beers at Bright after trying Beechworths. Bright did have a better view overlooking the pool on a hot summer’s day though.

Yeah,they do make a nice drop,am lucky enough to be under an hours drive to both and was at Beechworth about two weeks ago ,am a bit partial to the Pale ale and the wheat beer is magnificent.
MattyR

Postby Oliver » Sunday May 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Bright Brewery was part of our Great Victorian Microbrewery Tour 2009.

Bottom line was they had some great beers, but some attention to customer service wouldn't go astray.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby MattyR » Sunday Aug 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Yep, agree totally Oliver, Beechworth shits on Bright as far as customer service goes, I think thats because the brewers hardly ever work there and they only have employees that maybe aren't as passionate about beer as us.
MattyR

Return to Pubs and bars