$$beer

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

$$beer

Postby 2fast » Thursday Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey guys I was over in OZ for a wedding,so I tryed a lot of beers at the bar, My Fav one was Blue Tongue pilsner.

I went to the bottle store the next day to see that VB is $16.50(AU) a six pack!!!!!!!!

In New Zealand is $8.95 (NZ)Not on sale, So with the Exchange rate that makes it $7.10(AU)

You want cheap Aussie beer Come to NZ.

He He
2fast

Re: $$beer

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Mar 12, 2009 3:25 pm

2fast wrote:Hey guys I was over in OZ for a wedding,so I tryed a lot of beers at the bar, My Fav one was Blue Tongue pilsner.

I went to the bottle store the next day to see that VB is $16.50(AU) a six pack!!!!!!!!

In New Zealand is $8.95 (NZ)Not on sale, So with the Exchange rate that makes it $7.10(AU)

You want cheap Aussie beer Come to NZ.

He He

Cheap - yes
Aussie - yes
Beer - thats debatable....

You must have lower alcohol tax than us. is the same true for all beer and wine? What about the girly ready-to-drink crap - stollis etc?
drsmurto

Postby chadjaja » Thursday Mar 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Didn't the guy that works at Dan's post that they lose money on VB cartons even at $32 a carton? I'm pretty sure he did.

Hopefully our micros get the tax law changed soon with this labour government trying to get local business going and they can make more money and even drop their price a bit too.
chadjaja

Postby 2fast » Friday Mar 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Yip, all piss is cheap here, must be the Taxs like you said.

http://www.liquorking.co.nz/srchdept3.a ... ee_level=2

This bottle store is on the pricey side but gives you an idea.

Over here they sell Beer & wine at the supermarket,so they buy in bulk = cheap beer ;)

You can get a doz "Domestic" VB type beers at the supermarket for $13-14 a Dozen

They don't sell spirits.

I rarely buy beer from a bottle store.
2fast

Return to Pubs and bars