Pizza and beer pairings

Using the amber fluid in cooking, and pairing beer with food.

Pizza and beer pairings

Postby PizzaLover » Thursday Apr 27, 2006 11:03 pm

What are your preferences for pizza and beer pairings? For me I tend to like a dark beer with deep crust pizzas and lighter beers and beverages for lighter pizzas. I guess both go along with your taste mood at the time. When I'm in hearty mood I might indulge in a deep dish pizza with a Genuius. Maybe some people do just the opposite in having a light beer if they are eating a deep crust.
PizzaLover

Postby Wassa » Friday Apr 28, 2006 8:29 am

Any beer goes with Pizza, that is why it is the Food of The Gods.

Myself, though, I prefer either a Cascade Premium Lager or Crown Lager or a Peroni as these are the only half decent beers that my regular 2 Pizza restaurants sell.
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Apr 28, 2006 10:35 am

Cold and blonde

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby PizzaLover » Friday Apr 28, 2006 12:11 pm

For me it's a nice light neapolitan crust with an ale. All I want on the pizza is maybe artichoke hearts and tomato, keeping it thin and light. I had a Cutthroat last night, hit the spot.
PizzaLover

Postby zook37 » Friday Apr 28, 2006 3:17 pm

I tend to drink crisper beers like Pure Blonde or similair with pizza, I find it tends to cut the "heavy" feeling you get straight after eating it. 8)
Politicians and Diapers need to be changed regularly for the very same reason!!!
zook37

Postby Oliver » Saturday Apr 29, 2006 11:33 am

Coopers Pale Ale with a lighter style pizza. Sparkling Ale with a meaty bugger.

But really, there aren't too many beers that don't go with pizza. Those that don't are generally the ones that I wouldn't drink in a fit anyway. And I doubt that something like Chimay is really a pizza-eating beer.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to In the kitchen and at the table