Home-made beer with Home-made Snacks....

Using the amber fluid in cooking, and pairing beer with food.

Home-made beer with Home-made Snacks....

Postby MagooMan » Sunday Jun 18, 2006 10:24 am

Not sure if I am allowed to post this topic here...sorry if im not.
A while back when making some stout I pickled some eggs at the same time , in order to have some authentic English pub food on hand at the same time as cracking the first stout. Just wondering if anyone else has made some snacks from scratch to go with their homebrew...like a mexican snack with a cerveza...sauerkraut with a german lager etc....would be interested to see some recipes! :)
Deutsches Reinheitsgebot: Deutsches Bier ist von Wasser, Hefe, Hepfen und Malz gemacht. Wenn nicht, DASS IST GAR KEIN BIER!!! Ich liebe Kuupers Koelsch und Frueh Koelsch.
MagooMan

Postby Oliver » Sunday Jun 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi MagooMan,

I moved this topic to General Discussion.

Corned beef with a nice English ale would be another one to add to the list.

I don't cook much red meat, unfortunately, and thus don't have a recipe, as 'er indoors only eats poultry and seafood. Bummer.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Chris » Monday Jun 19, 2006 12:57 pm

I do like to cook with homebrew. I even add it the food sometimes.

Nothing beats an English bitter beer batter with your fish and chips- and then the subsequent consumption of a few more.

English bitter also goes well with/in sausages in brown gravy with mashed potatoes (bangers and mash for you poms out there).

But I love a little ham off the bone with a bitter, spicy sausage with a Bav lager, Newcastle brown with a shepards pie...

The list goes on.
Chris

Postby MagooMan » Monday Jun 19, 2006 1:34 pm

Ta for the replies fellas...the main reason for my original post was when visiting the George Harcourt Inn in Canberra years ago...where they had both Guiness and Caffreys on tap...they also had pickled egss and onions for sale...homemade of course...drinking english grog during a canberra winter whilst scoffing some pickled snacks makes one aware of his pommy roots!
Deutsches Reinheitsgebot: Deutsches Bier ist von Wasser, Hefe, Hepfen und Malz gemacht. Wenn nicht, DASS IST GAR KEIN BIER!!! Ich liebe Kuupers Koelsch und Frueh Koelsch.
MagooMan

Return to In the kitchen and at the table