more beer and food recipes

Using the amber fluid in cooking, and pairing beer with food.

more beer and food recipes

Postby DarkFaerytale » Wednesday Oct 25, 2006 8:54 am

i cbf making more threads so here's a few more recipes i have stashed away

here is my steak recipe..

Quantities are a bit hard to measure as I make this on the fly... it is for two small to medium size steaks (Scotch fillets...)

Place steaks in bowl
Open a HB amber to porter ale (Idealy something around the same color as JSAA)
pour 1/2 contents into bowl other half down throat
add about 1.5 quantity of soya sauce (ie 1/2 as much again as the HB)
add ~1 tablespoon of honey
A knob (ummm... twice as thick as your thumb and 1/2 as long.... to taste...) of grated ginger
~4 bits of crushed garlic

Let it sit for an hour or two...

I have a cast iron griddle at home which I sear them on with a butane burner... same one I have been using to do my partial boils... ahh... a fine world...

thank you to MHB

This came as a "why not" moment when I pouring a HB while I was cooking dinner. At first I was worried that I'd gone overboard (~350ml went in), but after it cooked down it was great.

Piggy's Pasta Sauce is usually a rich tomato based sauce with veges, olives, and fresh herbs. Now it has a hint of a malty taste in the background. Top Stuff (all though I'll admit maybe not for everyone)

P.S. It's not beer, but it's a recipe (sort of) so I put it here

thank you to rubber.piggy

Topic: Windjammer, Stout and Gravox!
Name: Steve
Date: 17-05-05 08:30

makes a lovely gravy for your roast potatoes and a dash in the tray that your roast lamb is cooking in!!! Very tasty.

Topic: RE: Scotch Fillet Marinated in Port
Name: Grumpy Thomas in Verdun
Date: 17-04-05 08:49

Port! Baaaaa humbug.

At Grumpy's our 450g Ribeye Steaks are marinated in Grumpy's Red Baron, now there's flavour!

Port, now really boys, this is a beer forum

GT

hope you all enjoy these recipes, i have a really nice chilli con carn with beer recipe as well and i'll post it as soon as i find it....can you tell i like to cook with my HB? :) had to get rid of that chilli beer somehow *lol*

-Phill
DarkFaerytale

Return to In the kitchen and at the table