Pretzels and German Sausages

Using the amber fluid in cooking, and pairing beer with food.

Pretzels and German Sausages

Postby WSC » Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 3:10 pm

If anyone wants to know where to buy real german pretzels and german sausages in BRISBANE let me know.

Have just found them after searching for my Octoberfest party i'm having this weekend.

Giddyup
WSC

Re: Pretzels and German Sausages

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 4:37 pm

WSC wrote:If anyone wants to know where to buy real german pretzels and german sausages in BRISBANE let me know.

Have just found them after searching for my Octoberfest party i'm having this weekend.

Giddyup

When you say real German sausages you mean bratwurst and knackwurst? I have seen both of these before in AU but they have never been "authentic". If they will do mail order I will certainly give them a shot!
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby WSC » Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Yep I mean bratwurst etc.

I have been to the real thing in Munich and these sausages are pretty close.

The two places don't seen to have websites

One is called adams samllgoods in carole park, the other is Heinz's butcher near the mater hospital in the gabba. Not sure if any would mail order, best to call and see. The one in the gabba is very traditional so may not be up to speed with mailing sausages, but you never know.

The pretzel place is called king of cakes, bavarian bakery in sherwood, they do have a website.
WSC

Postby wildschwein » Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 11:37 pm

In Perth Germanic sausage central is a place called Dubrovniks near Bayswater, opposite Meltham train station on the Midland line. Members of German and other European communities come from near and far to get the good shit - Viennas, Weiss Wurscht, Bratwurst, Cevaps, Polish sausages, Speck - the list goes on. A few years ago I had some Czech friends who were yearning for the real thing (Czech food is heavily influenced by Austrian cuisine). The moment after we walked in the door, in the midst of the shop's smokey, savoury aroma, they said excitedly "It's just like Europe!" Needless to say they became regulars instantly.
Prost!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blog: http://www.myspace.com/canaanperry
wildschwein

Postby Chris » Wednesday Sep 26, 2007 7:59 am

I know a good place in sydney, but none in Canberra- hence I think I'll need to go to the German club.
Chris

Postby James L » Wednesday Sep 26, 2007 10:33 am

If you cant get to Dubrovniks in Bayswater, or you live south of the river, Hela Smallgoods in Hilton is a traditional german butcher.... Its got all the goods.... I'll be going to both places on saturday morning ready for sunday arvo when german beer drinking hell breaks loose....
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby jannovak » Wednesday Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Hi,

I'd love to know where you get the Pretzels from in Brisbane. Hanging out for some Weisswurst, Pretzels and Wheatbeer! Thanks
jannovak

Postby WSC » Wednesday Jan 28, 2009 2:41 pm

King of Cakes in Sherwood is the place. Google them for address and phone number.
WSC

Postby wrighty » Thursday Jan 29, 2009 8:11 am

James.L ,Wildschwein have you guys been to Elmars in the valley or Duckstien brewery/restaurants.

Both in the Swan Valley.
Just looked them up on the net both German beer/food places Elmars also has traditional smallgoods shop
amongst a host of other things.

I will be in for a visit for sure when im down that way next.
If the websites are as good as there beer/food should be crackers.
Im not an alchoholic i dont go to the meetings !
wrighty

Return to In the kitchen and at the table