CO2 Bottle

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

CO2 Bottle

Postby jello » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 4:46 pm

G'day all.

I'll be building my first kegerator over the next couple of months and in my investigating I've notice that some people leave the CO2 bottle on the outside and others keep it in with the kegs.

I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence of why I should or shouldn't keep the bottle in the kegerator. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

So far I intend to keep the bottle inside. I really don't want to go drilling any holes in the side of my fridge. Space is not going to be an issue for me as the fridge I plan on using could easily hold four 18L kegs and I only plan on having two taps.

Cheers
Jeff.
jello

Re: CO2 Bottle

Postby squirt in the turns » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 7:38 pm

No problem keeping it in the fridge. The only possible issue I could think of is if the temps inside drop below 0, any condensation in the regulator will freeze and probably do a number on the seals (or worse). There shouldn't really be condensation in the reg, especially if you use a non-return valve, but it's worth bearing in mind if your fridge has a busted thermostat and never switches off (like mine), or you're using a chest freezer, as many do.
squirt in the turns

Postby jello » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Well there's no threat of freezing. I've had a thermometer in the fridge and either the thermometer is a liar, or the fridge is laboring. I think it may be a combination of having loads of food in it and the thermometer being cheap.
I have a TempMate, so I won't having any freezing problems.

From what i've learned, a non-return valve is an essential piece of equipment. Do these alter the length of gasline required?
Jeff.
jello

Postby hirns » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm

jello wrote: Do these alter the length of gasline required?

They have no bearing from my knowledge!

Hirns
hirns

Return to Kegging