Non-Return Valve

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Non-Return Valve

Postby jello » Friday Jul 22, 2011 8:16 am

I know that Craftbrewer has one for sale. Has anyone got one elswhere? Better or cheaper?

I just know if i don't get one of these, i will regret it.

I've been doing a lot of reading on kergerator building, but has anyone got any other essential/helpful items I should consider?

Thanks
Jeff.
jello

Re: Non-Return Valve

Postby chadjaja » Friday Jul 22, 2011 8:51 am

I don't use one but one day I might slip up.

Get some damp rid to control moisture and mould and a PC fan if its a chest freezer.
chadjaja

Postby rotten » Friday Jul 22, 2011 9:31 am

stick with the JG one way valves, you can get cheaper but not by much. You won't be disapointed then. I'm building a kegfridge at the moment as well. Get perlick 525ss taps or similar if you can, i got 3 from the states for the cost of buying one here. Don't get chrome cheapies.
Cheers
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby jello » Friday Jul 22, 2011 9:49 am

rotten wrote:stick with the JG one way valves, you can get cheaper but not by much. You won't be disapointed then. I'm building a kegfridge at the moment as well. Get perlick 525ss taps or similar if you can, i got 3 from the states for the cost of buying one here. Don't get chrome cheapies.
Cheers

Thanks. Will do.
My wife is heading to the US in September, so i'm hoping to get two of those taps provided the budget allows it. Which company did you get yours from?
Jeff.
jello

Postby bullfrog » Friday Jul 22, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a JG non-return that occasionally comes loose which is quite a pain in the proverbial as it's on the gas line which is suspended between reg and manifold so it means having to put quite a lot of pressure on both the line in and line out to re-seal it. If anyone has dealt with JG fittings they'll know how hard it can be to push a line into them fully and it's exponentially harder to have to simultaneously do that from both ends. I'd much prefer a valve that I could cobra clamp into place and not have to worry about coming loose.

And as far taps, I've never used Perlicks but I love the flow regulators on my Cellis and wouldn't change them for anything.
bullfrog

Return to Kegging