toohey's ( I THINK 45 L) Keg

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

toohey's ( I THINK 45 L) Keg

Postby guest » Friday Nov 26, 2004 8:17 pm

today went to visit my old landlord... telling him about my keg set up.. and he asked if i wanted a keg... cause he found one in one of his house that he use to let out rooms individually when cleaning up the house today ready for sale in the market next month...

it is a toohey's keg.. the large round steel one.. there is pressure in the keg.. dunno what fittings go on it..

do they need special fittings if i want to use it for my homebrew? or is t the same as the normal ones?

let me know thanks!

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Nov 30, 2004 5:11 pm

Not sure what fittings are needed, but I've a feeling it'd be 50 litres.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 10:36 am

I would expect them to be Shankie, but hey I have been suprised before. I am with Oliver though, thinking it is a 50 L

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Evo » Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 6:03 pm

Don't know what a "Shankie" is. It might be some Canuck slang. How you doing Dogger ;) ?

What you're after is a Tooheys keg fitting. Ebay is your best bet. There's normally at least one on there. Expect to pay about $40.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Dec 02, 2004 8:10 am

Evo,

I am good man,

Have found with only two major breweries these guys got together on their kegs so the absent minded drivers who care about only picking up kegs didn't have to concern which ones the grabed. The system is called a shankie although I also think it is in use in the States also

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to Kegging