Filtering Beer

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Postby Anzac Cookies » Monday Nov 20, 2006 7:50 pm

Is the napisan the liquid or the powder ? What is the exact descrition on the container as my wife says there are alot of different ones :oops:
A woman walks into a bar and orders a double entendre, so the bartender gave her one !
Anzac Cookies

Postby Aussie Claret » Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 8:16 am

Just go the cheapest generic brand, unperfumed.

The generic brands usually have the most active ingredient, and I use the powder.
AC
There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say - unless you insist on saying it. (Anonymous)
Aussie Claret

Postby Anzac Cookies » Wednesday Nov 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Aussie Claret wrote:Just go the cheapest generic brand, unperfumed.

The generic brands usually have the most active ingredient, and I use the powder.
AC

So it is just basically household bleach, is that right :?: What sort of dilution ratio do i use :?:

Cheers

Cookies
A woman walks into a bar and orders a double entendre, so the bartender gave her one !
Anzac Cookies

Postby Aussie Claret » Thursday Nov 23, 2006 8:10 am

No, it's defintely not bleach and it doesn't contain any chlorine. I don't use any chlorine based sanitizers / cleaners. Bad experience.

I use the lid as a measure, I half fill the laundry sink with hot water and one scope of napisan. I use a hose pipe to clean as much of the residue from the filter outside before hand then everything goes in the sink with the napisan. If you plunge the filter cartridge into the housing several times the filter cartridge comes up looking like new. I leave everything over night in the sink an rinse very very well; then a soak in non-rinse sanitizer dry and store for next use.

AC
There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say - unless you insist on saying it. (Anonymous)
Aussie Claret

Postby 111222333 » Thursday Nov 23, 2006 11:56 am

Danmit, Anzac don't quote Aussie, all I see is Axxxx Cxxxxx, so I assumed you were quoting your self, like 5 times! :D :D
Keep it reel Image

Postby gregb » Thursday Nov 23, 2006 1:21 pm

111222333 wrote:Danmit, Anzac don't quote Aussie, all I see is Axxxx Cxxxxx, so I assumed you were quoting your self, like 5 times! :D :D

Ta for that. I was worried that I was the only one getting confused that way. :oops: :lol:

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby Anzac Cookies » Thursday Nov 23, 2006 1:52 pm

yeah sorry bout that, now i am even confused at who wrote what, lol Might be time for a name change to gregd or 111222334 :oops: :lol:
Anzac Cookies

Postby Anzac Cookies » Wednesday Nov 29, 2006 3:51 pm

OK, well the filtering is awesome, bright, clear beer. I filtered a TCB Classic Oak ALe Wetpak and a Malt Shovel 2 Row Lager, both are clear and kegged them both and are now drinking them as i type. I highly recommend this system it is awesome :mrgreen:
Anzac Cookies

Postby Ross » Wednesday Dec 06, 2006 7:15 am

Great to hear Anzac Cookies, nothing like bright clear beer on tap, hey...

Anyone else considering buying one of these (or anything else for that matter) CraftBrewer is running a Christmas giveaway promotion for the whole of December. Basically a draw will be made in January & the date drawn out will result in ALL PURCHASES that day being refunded in full.

full details here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/i ... l=giveaway

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross

Previous

Return to Kegging