pluto gun leaking

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

pluto gun leaking

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jan 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I've got my kegging system all setup, but the other day I left my pluto gun attached to my keg inside the fridge (without the gas attached) and it leaked all over the place. :x Am I right in thinking that a pluto gun should not leak beer, and should be able to be left attached to the keg when not in use? Should I take it back to Grain and Grape and ask them to replace the seals or something? :?
w00t!
rwh

Re: pluto gun leaking

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Jan 09, 2007 3:51 pm

rwh wrote:Hi all,

I've got my kegging system all setup, but the other day I left my pluto gun attached to my keg inside the fridge (without the gas attached) and it leaked all over the place. :x Am I right in thinking that a pluto gun should not leak beer, and should be able to be left attached to the keg when not in use? Should I take it back to Grain and Grape and ask them to replace the seals or something? :?

Your right, it should be able to be left attached so something is not right, im only new to kegging but i would suggest taking it back and letting them have a look at it :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby gregb » Tuesday Jan 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Check that there is play in the trigger. The nuts at the back should not be so tight as to be pulling the plunger back. See Craftbrewer for reconstruction details after cleaning.

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby gregb » Friday Jan 12, 2007 10:27 am

Rwh, did you get your gun fixed?

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby rwh » Friday Jan 12, 2007 11:00 am

Er, it stopped leaking by itself. Perhaps the seals have swelled in the presence of beer? A bit of a mystery, but I plan to pull the whole thing apart on the weekend and see what's what.
w00t!
rwh

Return to Kegging