First keg fill!!

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Postby Hashie » Thursday Jan 18, 2007 1:13 pm

lethaldog wrote:
gregb wrote:You need to organise a party to empty said bottles. That'll resolve the situation. :D

Cheers,
Greg

Let me know when your in melbourne then and weel party up :lol: :lol: :wink:

Or let me know when you're in Launceston and we'll sample a few.
There is no such thing as bad beer. There is only good beer and better beer.
Hashie

Postby Shaun » Friday Jan 19, 2007 3:57 pm

lethaldog wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Not likely but thanks for the suggestion, i have a yukon thats been in the bottle for 3-4 months, recently i tried 1 and then put the boxes in the most far away location in the shed i can find, i doubt if they will ever get drunk but maybe ill pull another 1 out in 6 months just to remind me why i should never brew this again :lol: :lol: :wink:

I got rid of mine by making guest drink one before they got anything better.
Shaun

Postby KEG » Friday Jan 19, 2007 4:01 pm

SpillsMostOfIt wrote:
KEG wrote:very nice :)

have any of you ever had a "BYO home brew and compare notes" sort of day? i reckon that'd be great fun..

That's what I was thinking previously, but haven't got around to doing anything more about it than just that.

I reckon getting together when the temperature is more civilised and drinking - er, sampling - beer would be a good thing.
yeah, let's definitely keep it in mind for when the weather's a bit better than this. i'd be up for it for sure :)
KEG

Postby lethaldog » Friday Jan 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Where are you guys located in vic, just general area i wouldnt want you to go posting addresses or anything but ive been keen to get together with a few fellow brewers for ages as noone i know except for the old boy brews, would be good to share a few and try others :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby SpillsMostOfIt » Friday Jan 19, 2007 7:03 pm

lethaldog wrote:Where are you guys located in vic, just general area i wouldnt want you to go posting addresses or anything but ive been keen to get together with a few fellow brewers for ages as noone i know except for the old boy brews, would be good to share a few and try others :lol: :wink:

Ummm... I'm in ... ummm... Collingwood... :D - Right opposite the freeway entrance!!

Some of the local pubs are open to suggestion (as Bells Tavern in South Melbourne obviously is) when it comes to finding a room for gathering. I'm kinda fond of the idea of finding the Right Park - small, endearing, near public transport, central-ish, clean toilets...
No Mash Tun. No Chill.

No confirmed fatalities.
SpillsMostOfIt

Postby Tipsy » Friday Jan 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
lethaldog wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Not likely but thanks for the suggestion, i have a yukon thats been in the bottle for 3-4 months, recently i tried 1 and then put the boxes in the most far away location in the shed i can find, i doubt if they will ever get drunk but maybe ill pull another 1 out in 6 months just to remind me why i should never brew this again :lol: :lol: :wink:

I got rid of mine by making guest drink one before they got anything better.

:twisted:
Tipsy

Postby Anzac Cookies » Saturday Jan 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Tipsy wrote:
You can use your bottles for Yukon smoked brown ale :wink:

Damn that sounds like a pearla, will look for that recipe now, cheers :D
A woman walks into a bar and orders a double entendre, so the bartender gave her one !
Anzac Cookies

Postby Anzac Cookies » Saturday Jan 20, 2007 6:44 pm

lethaldog wrote:Where are you guys located in vic, just general area i wouldnt want you to go posting addresses or anything but ive been keen to get together with a few fellow brewers for ages as noone i know except for the old boy brews, would be good to share a few and try others :lol: :wink:

I am in Eltham / Research Area, keen to try some others brews, but unfortunately i havent been all that experimental lately and everything is kegged. :shock:
A woman walks into a bar and orders a double entendre, so the bartender gave her one !
Anzac Cookies

Postby beernut » Monday Jan 22, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm in Ringwood and you're welcome to come around for a beer.
I can hook up any kegs u want to bring.
It would be great to talk about brewing instead of typing it. :?
Just here for the Beer
beernut

Postby KEG » Monday Jan 22, 2007 10:27 pm

i'm in dandenong.
only recently started brewing, so got nothing spectacular on the go yet, but i'd be very keen to sample some quality home brew to see where i could go, that's for sure :D

anyone here use msn? add bigfoot16au@yahoo.com.au if you want, just let me know who you are :lol:

chris
KEG

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jan 23, 2007 9:34 am

I have my new keg fridge with two kegs and several longnecks in it. Currently I have some really nice brews in bottles, along with some fairly ordinary ones in the kegs (affected by the hot weather we're having down here in Melb). So I tend to crack the odd bottle. Also I haven't drilled any holes in my fridge for the gas line and I have a pluto gun, so that involves opening the fridge, connecting the CO2 line, and then pouring, vs getting out a bottle.

So I still drink a fair few beers out of bottles. I think I'll always do a mix of bottles and kegs for portability, variety and just being able to age them for longer.

I have very little patience for stubbies though! :lol:
w00t!
rwh

Previous

Return to Kegging