Highest FG you've kegged at?

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Postby lethaldog » Saturday Mar 03, 2007 2:09 pm

mr magoo wrote:just had a look fermenter wont fit in the bar fridge, i do have a redbull fridge i could prob fit it in there? can i use one of my kegs for the COLD CONDITIONING? the only thing is it hasn't got the tap at the bottom like the fermenter has so when the time comes to keg how would i transfer from one keg to the other leaving the sedament behind?

Dont bother with finings, just rack and leave it for a couple of weeks, then whack it in your keg and drink ( after its carbed of course) :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby mr magoo » Sunday Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am

ok cheers liegh, to late with the finnings though :( i read a topic on finnings on this site some are all for it others are not, any way i just wanted this one to be clear as possable. So i've racked into one keg i will give it a week in the fridge then rack into my other keg, this will be the tricky part, will getting a hose with two black disconects on each end, putting one end on the full keg and one end on the empty keg then purging with the valve on the keg work????????????
mmmmmmmmm beer................
mr magoo

Postby OldBugman » Sunday Mar 04, 2007 10:54 am

or just open the hatch and run a beer line right to the bottom

once full, replace hatch..

otherwise

http://cruisenews.net/brewing/kegging/page3.php
OldBugman

Postby mr magoo » Sunday Mar 04, 2007 11:06 am

i think i'll use the latter of your two sugestions.
thanks a mill BugMan pictures speak a thousand words! your a legend!!!!
mmmmmmmmm beer................
mr magoo

Postby Trough Lolly » Wednesday Mar 07, 2007 7:36 pm

mr magoo wrote:...will getting a hose with two black disconects on each end, putting one end on the full keg and one end on the empty keg then purging with the valve on the keg work????????????

It's common practice Mr Magoo - I have a keg transfer hose as you describe, that I regularly use. You can use a keg as a beer brightening tank and the beauty is that you're moving beer with CO2 and not exposing it to the air.
If you have chilled the beer and it's still hazy, give Ross a hoy and order some Polyclar to clear the beer and remove the chill haze.

Cheers,
TL
Trough Lolly

Previous

Return to Kegging