I got 5 Kegs and some other stuff

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

I got 5 Kegs and some other stuff

Postby Phantom » Sunday Mar 04, 2007 4:16 pm

A mate have given up home brewing and passed on the following 5 kegs.

The read on the inside of the screw lid is Rheem 304 no doubt for the stainless steel. Are these the same as corny kegs as they have been out of commision for some time and will need seal kits for all and cleaning of the valves.
The Door tap is new with no fitting at the rear for the beer to go in.
Theres another puoring tap as well as a dual regulator and another line with a ball connector and a screw fitting looks like directly to the gas bottle.
No gas bottle yet but just wondering if this is worth putting some time into fixing up. I havent paid my mate for them yet and he's still got 240 crown seal bottles as well. Talk aboput a goldmine. :lol: ,

Whats this many kegs and other bits really worth???

Ghost Who Drinks Home Brew
Phantom

Postby rwh » Monday Mar 05, 2007 11:08 am

They look to me very like corny kegs, except for the lid. The gas/beer connectors look the same, and the pressure release valve does too. How does the lid work? Does it screw? Cornys have a clip-on type.
w00t!
rwh

Postby Aussie Claret » Monday Mar 05, 2007 11:49 am

These are coca cola kegs that originally would have had pin lock disconnects, these in the photo have been changed to ball lock connectors (same as the cornelius kegs).
For all intents and purposes no different to the cornelius kegs.
You ask what the lot would be worth, Craftbrewer sell non-reconditioned cornelius kegs for $60 each (if you order more than one) and a second hand regulator depending on type and condition about $50, you can pick up new ones from $80-$100 depending on manufacturer.

All the lot $350 max.

AC
There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say - unless you insist on saying it. (Anonymous)
Aussie Claret

Postby lethaldog » Monday Mar 05, 2007 3:56 pm

How do you figure that AC???

5 kegs at $60= $300
2 Taps approx $150
all lines and disconects Lets say $50
As well as at least $50 for the reg
Theres $550 there!!!

:lol: :lol: :wink:

Lets just say you got a good deal cos you paid NIX and from most HBS apart from craftbrewer you would pay at least $80-90 for each keg :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Phantom » Monday Mar 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks Fella's, I'll go and take the seals out to make sure I get the right kits, and a CO2 bottle probably from Grain and Grape.

Should be up and running quite shortly alothugh I am deploying overseas again very soon, might have to wait till I get back.

The 240 bottles all crown seal also include pick axe etc as they have been used for forty years since the late 60's. i'll be keeping some of these as well.

The other bottles are all going that I've got, twisties.

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Aussie Claret » Monday Mar 05, 2007 8:06 pm

lethaldog wrote:How do you figure that AC???

5 kegs at $60= $300
2 Taps approx $150
all lines and disconects Lets say $50
As well as at least $50 for the reg
Theres $550 there!!!

:lol: :lol: :wink:

Lets just say you got a good deal cos you paid NIX and from most HBS apart from craftbrewer you would pay at least $80-90 for each keg :lol: :wink:

Ok for a start you wouldn't pay $150 for second hand taps (ebay depending on type from $20) there is no mention on the type hence I didn't comment on the price of the taps as they sound to be incomplete, a new brumby is less than $45 the other one could be a bronco type $15 brand new, there is no mention of beer line and a very brief mention on one disconnect. Oh and if you pay $90 for a keg you've got a screw lose!!!!!! :roll:
Ebay is your friend - $60-70.

Craftbrewer have a good service and great products, I'm not affliated nor bought my kegs there, I paid $50 for re-con kegs, and I now have 6 of them.
The kegs in the pic whilst I'm sure are ok don't look to be in the best of condition and need spare parts.

You aren' the bloke selling the stuff are you, cos it aint worth $550.

AC
There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say - unless you insist on saying it. (Anonymous)
Aussie Claret

Postby lethaldog » Monday Mar 05, 2007 9:25 pm

:roll:
Were you not the one who said that the kegs were worth $60 each as well as $50 for a second hand reg, then add taps and however many lines and disconects ( i dont no how many) but with your calculations thats $350 with no taps, disconects or lines.

Im not the one selling but maybe your the one looking at buying with your quote :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Phantom » Tuesday Mar 06, 2007 5:05 pm

No sitting in my garage from a good mate giving it away.
Not for sale but for reinvigorating and i'll take some seals to see if the kits are compatible with cory kegs, then co2 and off!!!
The photo is probably the worst one.
Phantom

Return to Kegging