cornelious keg modifocation

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

cornelious keg modifocation

Postby munkey » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 2:49 am

i have just bought 3 kegs like the ones u guys use, and after reading a thred on filtering i realised that you guys need to filter to eliminate sediment pick up,

i dont know about over there but we have top tap kegs that have a float to pick up the beer from the top of the keg and it moves down as the beer is taken off.

i was thinking of having a silocone tube spring and a waighted head that sat on the top of the beer as its drunk.

i pritty much have my beer fully cleaned up before i keg it so dont think this would be a big issue but sometimes i still get a bit of sediment when i open her up.

any comments ???
munkey

Postby normell » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 5:23 am

I cut about 5mm of the dip tube, so no sediment
"Every day above ground is a good day"
normell

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 8:25 am

There is nothing wrong with the sediment. Properly conditioned, your first glass will pick up the sediment and the rest will be good. My system picks up off the bottom and I like it that way actually, I get just beer and no blown foam and that keeps the math pretty easy. I am all for easy.

I don't see the floating hed working , I see it getting hung up and really dinking around with the volume of beer in the keg. Remember you still need an inch of head space and these puppies are pretty much geared max when full. (ie, you can't stick a subemersible pump down the spout)

But, seeing is believing and actions speak louder than words so give it a whorl and let me know how you make out.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Shaun » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 4:50 pm

I do not filter or cut the bottom of the dip tub off. I get a little bit of sediment in the first glass and the rest is as good as gold.
Shaun

Postby Antsvb » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 8:48 pm

Agree with Shaun.
'Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.' - Benjamin Franklin.

Antsvb.
Antsvb

Postby munkey » Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 11:05 pm

will try it without modifocation and with the tube chopped. and if all is fine without then ill just leave it.
but seeing as im designer i will probably make one up just to see if it works. lol

thanks for your info.
munkey

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Mar 16, 2005 8:09 am

Stunned Canadians

:lol: :wink:

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to Kegging