Experience with a temprite setup?

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Experience with a temprite setup?

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Apr 17, 2007 12:59 pm

About to score myself a temprite unit from a now defunct community club and was wondering who has had experience with this setup. Whats required?

My very basic understanding is that it cools the beer on its way thru the unit from the legs to the tap. the system i am about to get is setup for a 3 tap font, which is being thrown in as well so i assume all i need then is 3 corny kegs, lines and away i go?

Triued searching this site and others, google, ebay and not having much luck. Since its primarily used by pubs there doesnt seem to be much info out there for a budding home kegger.

Heres a coupla pics....

drsmurto

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Apr 17, 2007 2:29 pm

The only info i have from someone that uses one is that you need to use a fair bit more co2 preasure as your kegs are warm :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby MrDave » Friday Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm

drsmurto: you might want to get in touch with a refridgeration cluebie - the R22 on the side of that unit makes me think its full of Chlorodifluoromethane, the sale and production of which is being scaled back because its less than ozone friendly.
If its all gassed up and works sweet, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If it needs gassing up, you might be biting off more than you can chew.
HTH,
d.
"Ask most people to name a Mexican beer and they'll name Corona. Coincidentally, if you ask most people to name a bodily fluid, they'll name urine."
- John Carroll explaining why Dos Equis > Corona.
MrDave

Postby drsmurto » Monday Apr 23, 2007 11:49 am

Its not full of CFCs, the R22 gas has been replaced with a friendlier alternative.

Only problem is this beast is connected to a compressor which also runs the cold room so i need a fridgy to come in and disconnect it then replumb it with an old fridge compressor. Looking into it cos the font alone is worth it. Also, would be space saving especially if i could get the compressor to sit outside and plumb it thru the wall.

Not many people use this from what i can tell. Now understanding why, not as simple as i had first thought.....
drsmurto

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday May 15, 2007 4:05 pm

*BUMP*

Temprite is now disconnected - but still need a compressor. Was told that a normal fridge compressor isnt likely to be powerful enough to do the job. Plus, it will be very noisy so i am planning on putting it outside of the bar and running some piping thru the wall. Dont want it to drown out the footy!

Only problem is trying to track down a compressor. Any fridgies in Adelaide who know where to source these?

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Postby rahne » Wednesday May 16, 2007 10:34 am

if you don't want to put the compressor ouht side then you could build a noise suppressions bock. some people use them for noisy sever computer so you may be able to pick up and old
rahne

Re: Experience with a temprite setup?

Postby nath76 » Friday Aug 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Drsmurto....how did u go with the temprite? did u get it up and running? does it use much power? I have just been given a two tap temprite from my local,although I do need to get a keg or 2 and gas bottle. If u have any adice on this it would be great..

cheers
Nath
nath76

Re: Experience with a temprite setup?

Postby drsmurto » Friday Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Sold one to a bloke in melbourne who was going to build a mobile bar, still have the other one.
drsmurto

Return to Kegging